David Silva's Armband

scall said:
I thought the booing was pretty effective in intimidating us. Well done to them for creatinthg such an atmosphere.

As for the armband. Jesus wept. Is this really of such great concern to them? I wish I had that much spare time.
I agree on both counts.

We won just two - losing the other three - of five games against the best teams (Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea twice and Barça) we played this season at the Etihad. The two we won were the two with the loudest/more intimidating atmospheres!

We really gave it to Chelsea in the FA Cup, every time Mourinho got out if his seat we boo'd him and chanted at him, we made it fairly intimidating and we won. The three quietest atmospheres of the five games (Bayern, Chelsea in the Prem and Barça) we're the three games where we lost over the three games as an aggregate score 0-6. What does that tell you?!

As for the armband thing, fucking give me strength! What a pathetic set of fans the Red Dippers are. Fucking get a life, you sad sad cunts!

Can't find anything on Google about Liverpool complaining about this. If they did, it just shows what a complete shower of whiny self-important cunts they've turned into.

I'm more of a headband sort of guy, myself.

fat-exercise.jpg

Fernandinho, Nasri, Demichelis and Zabaleta all appear to have lost theirs before the end of the game too.

Steven Gerrard decided to cover his black armband up with his captain's armband unlike Vincent Kompany, who wore one on each arm. Isn't that disrespectful to the same degree?

Many of the Liverpool players pulled their armbands up over their premier league badge therefore blocking it out. Is this a snub against authority?

I've seen players taking armbands off during the game through 45 years of watching football because players find them uncomfortable to wear. Why is this the first time that it's been mentioned?

You would have thought by now that we would have a set of shirts for each player with a black area already sewn in/on, it's every other week that someone connected with one of the two clubs playing is remembering someone or there is a national remembrance event.

Dubai Blue said:
Can't find anything on Google about Liverpool complaining about this. If they did, it just shows what a complete shower of whiny self-important cunts they've turned into.

You know what? I really do hope they put a complaint in. It will show them up for what they are and I'm pretty sure the rest of the Premier League teams would be on our side. It reminds of Sunday league football when an opposing team complained to the Cheshire FA because our keeper wasn't wearing a number on his shirt! £25 fine I recall.

SPIDERBOY said:
But in 2009 they refused to have a poppy on their shirts for rememberance day.
United did the same in the same year too.

Says it all about those two clubs. The poppy wasn't going to represent them and market them so they didn't have it on their shirts as it wouldn't benefit them in any way. Typical!

They use their tragedies to market their clubs but don't want to acknowledge other events in history like wars!

Re: David Silva's Armband.

Excellent post. Sums my thoughts up to. Im sick to death of the POOR ME. POOR, POOR US, SCOUSE ATTITUDE...HAS HEYSEL BEEN FORGOT !

pantalon violet said:
Hillsborough anniversaries are quickly turning into a national fucking event of which it seems i have to endure or face the consequences.

anyone who sneezes in the wrong direction or doesn't weep at the feet of a scouser on this day is treated like they killed the poor people themselves.

radio stations and Tv channels are bloated with every fucking detail and slow talking sad commentators acting with false sadness and expecting the wider public to follow suit.

fuck off you whiney scouse cunts, because its getting too much now, looks like nearly 300 kids may have been killed in a ferry accident in South Korea today, it wouldn't surprise me that you scouse cunts complained that it was taking up too much airtime away from your shite city

Hillsborough ...yes horrible and unfortunate ...grieve all you like

just leave me out of it .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.