David Villa is now available......

Ronaldinho, Berbatov, KaKa all went elsewhere, or stayed put despite City offering better financial terms than. It's not just about money. And I'm not convinced that you can buy success overnight.

Barcelona attracted top young players to their club, and coached them at a young level, and brought them through gradually after they had been inculcated with the Barcelona way of playing football.

Real Madrid went for the Galactico approach, and Barca use the transfer mkt as well, but football is not just about individual ability, it is about assembling talented individuals who complement each other, and generating a team spirit. That takes time

This season has given us a platform to go forward, and the basis of the squad is there but progress will be incremental, and we might go backwards at times

this is all good for a decent summer! if villa is available then he would be an amazing signing for us to chase and if he goes to barca then that all of a sudden means that eto'o is available who would also be an awesome signing for us to chase! i cant wait for the spending to start!

Barca have just got millions from winning CL can't remember te figure somewhere round 80m, no matter what the fee we offer for Villa even if we bid 100m the only person who can make it hapen is the player himself, he has to sign on the dotted line. He has stated won't leave Spain, in my opinion he will go to Barca or Madrid.

No way will we get David Villa, the real top clubs wil be after the likes of him.

BlueMoonWalker said:
David Villa won't be joining us, he has already said he wants to remain in Spain unfortunately for us money isn't everything in this case. Now if Barcelona get their man then Eto'o becomes more likely but could be a real struggle to convince him to join us after winning the champions league. No matter what spin we put on it, it is a real step down for him, and would be amazed if no other champions league team make him an offer.

Didn't Eto'o once seriously entertain the prospect of signing for a team in Uzbekistan? That indicates money is a big factor for him as it's hardly the sort of place you'd go to achieve glory and worldwide adulation.

southstand117 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
We shouldn't let go on this guy, we should do as much as we can to make it happen.
According to TFM on citymancs we are the only club to make an offer for him, would love him at city..

Yeh i been following him for months now and i am undecided to whether its bullshit or not, villa is my favourite player outside the Premiership, would make my summer if we got this guy.

In the past Madrid have been bankrolled but with the current economic crisis I don't think they will have their usual spending power, the only way they will spend £140m is if they sell and make most of it back. The media in Spain are reporting a clear out, Higuain, Ramos, Huntelaar etc will be going.[/quote]

There isnt a hope in hell of Higuain going surely? I dont think Villa will leave Spain & to be fair if Barca are looking at offloading Eto\Gudjohnsen & maybe Henry, they'll easily have the cash to buy Villa, maybe they have some prize money left from every title they won this season?

Anyway back to the point I wanted to make. I'd seriously go for Higuain if there was any hint of him being released.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.