David Villa to NYCFC

LoveCity said:
SebastianBlue said:
chris63 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 48m
Huge statement of intent from @NYCFC if they manage to sign Villa. Still a terrific player at 32. Would surely score for fun in the MLS.

That LoveCity sure can tweet.

Great signing if true. Not that it would happen, as I think his development would be stunted in the MLS, but could you imagine a attacking diamond of Xavi, Villa, Ambrose, and Lopes in that league?

I got a couple of negative reactions from Americans for that tweet, saying the MLS is competitive and that Villa might not necessarily score for fun. Then I looked at the top scorers list.

rWMOrOf.jpg

I wonder what Villa would do before NYCFC launches. Melbourne Heart loan? City loan? Stay at Atleti?

Wait, do you run City_Watch?!?!?!

Even before seeing that list I knew BWP had been bagging for fun, Villa may not be top scorer but he'll score enough. As well as that a signing of that caliber is a statement of intent and sets the tone for any future transfers.

cmdub said:
Di Marzio confirming the story from last night :

<a class="postlink" href="http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calcio-internazionale/atletico-david-villa-giochera-in-mls-con-il-new-york-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calcio-inte ... york-city/</a>

A Guaje to stars and stripes, from next season. David Villa will leave Ateltico Madrid: there is already an agreement with New York City, the striker will sign a triennial. The Asturian, massimo selection Spanish striker will play in the team created by Manchester City and los New York Yankees, in MLS. After two League Championships won consecutively, Villa leaves Europe. Here is a new experience, all American.

Great signing for NYCFC

Fantastic marque signing if/when it happens.

LoveCity said:
SebastianBlue said:
chris63 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 48m
Huge statement of intent from @NYCFC if they manage to sign Villa. Still a terrific player at 32. Would surely score for fun in the MLS.

That LoveCity sure can tweet.

Great signing if true. Not that it would happen, as I think his development would be stunted in the MLS, but could you imagine a attacking diamond of Xavi, Villa, Ambrose, and Lopes in that league?

I got a couple of negative reactions from Americans for that tweet, saying the MLS is competitive and that Villa might not necessarily score for fun. Then I looked at the top scorers list.

rWMOrOf.jpg

I wonder what Villa would do before NYCFC launches. Melbourne Heart loan? City loan? Stay at Atleti?

A friend of mine who is adamant he is in 'ITK' claims that he will sign for City on loan until NYCFC launches. He's not exactly got a good track record in stuff he has told me. I reckon if he does sign for NYCFC he'll stay at Atletico until the MLS starts.

Melbourne Heart are allowed one "guest player" who essentially can play for free sans all salary cap restrictions for a maximum of ten games. City have already said that one of NYCFC's marquees will pass the first six months as a Heart guest player. Whether it's Villa or not is anyone's guess.

Falastur said:
Melbourne Heart are allowed one "guest player" who essentially can play for free sans all salary cap restrictions for a maximum of ten games. City have already said that one of NYCFC's marquees will pass the first six months as a Heart guest player. Whether it's Villa or not is anyone's guess.
Could help a few of them warm to the take-over alright, reckon DV would fancy a few months in Oz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.