David Villa to NYCFC

taconinja said:
MillionDollarDream said:
taconinja said:
I don't get it either. The league is trying to buy more quality players and develop youth better as well as do a better job of training coaches and such, too. Sure, it's not up there with the European elite, but what do you expect?

The MLS, there's a very good article about why MLS will not properly develop youth in this country.(<a class="postlink" href="http://sbn.to/UnMxCk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sbn.to/UnMxCk</a>) Also by the time most make it into MLS they are burnt out by playing 3-4 years of university.

But with more European stars are going to more teams it has elevated the level of play a bit.
Those are real problems, but there are tentative steps being taken to try to remedy the situation. It's not always going to go smoothly, but I can honestly say that MLS is MUCH better than it was five years ago.

Oh I agree with you there. The jurgen klinsmann project is also going to help further the growth of MLS. But I am def looking forward to NYCFC and how it's integrated.

Does this mean we might see David Villa in a City shirt a after all (loan to us in MLS season breaks)?

Taylor said:
Kladze said:
Does this mean we might see David Villa in a City shirt a after all (loan to us in MLS season breaks)?

No
There is actually a real possibility that MLS will be moving to a winter schedule in the next couple years. It might get voted down though.

taconinja said:
Taylor said:
Kladze said:

No
There is actually a real possibility that MLS will be moving to a winter schedule in the next couple years. It might get voted down though.

I actually think it is a real possibility that he could come to City on loan. Given the rumors of Negredo going we might short on strikers. He could be a good 4th striker option. He wouldn't get upset at lack of playing time because he's on loan and would play in the odd game. We also wouldn't have to list him on the CL list. He's 32 so we (City) didn't have to buy a player on the downside of his career, but he still would be helpful to us and then he could go on to the MLS. Even if it's not this upcoming year, he can still train with our boys in his off season and maybe sneak in a game or two. I can see this as something we plan on doing with other players out of their prime in transitioning them to the MLS.

Kladze said:
Can't see us having any vacant non homegrown spots left open in the next few years just to loan David Villa mate.

I don't think David Villa will ever play for City now. According to Guillem Balague we tried to buy him in 2008, and he was really tempted but we couldn't convince him that enough other top plyers would be coming quickly enough. Since the he's broken his leg and we've got four really "hot" forwards with some very exciting young lads coming through. Sorry to say it about a great player but he is rapidly becoming part of football's past, a rich and glorious part, but not the future for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.