David Villa to NYCFC

Del Piero has had a spell in Aus so it sounds quite plausible that Villa could follow suit for a short while at Melbourne Heart.

MLS and Championship level is pretty accurate but it represent everything wrong with American football. Ive be actively avoiding watching MLS until NYCFC is up and running.

aguero93:20 said:
Falastur said:
Melbourne Heart are allowed one "guest player" who essentially can play for free sans all salary cap restrictions for a maximum of ten games. City have already said that one of NYCFC's marquees will pass the first six months as a Heart guest player. Whether it's Villa or not is anyone's guess.
Could help a few of them warm to the take-over alright, reckon DV would fancy a few months in Oz.

Are the supporters unhappy with the takeover?

Did I miss some developments?

I imagine they would love to have Villa there.

MillionDollarDream said:
MLS and Championship level is pretty accurate but it represent everything wrong with American football. Ive be actively avoiding watching MLS until NYCFC is up and running.

I am a bit confused. The comparison is everything wrong with American football? The lack of quality?

SebastianBlue said:
aguero93:20 said:
Falastur said:
Melbourne Heart are allowed one "guest player" who essentially can play for free sans all salary cap restrictions for a maximum of ten games. City have already said that one of NYCFC's marquees will pass the first six months as a Heart guest player. Whether it's Villa or not is anyone's guess.
Could help a few of them warm to the take-over alright, reckon DV would fancy a few months in Oz.

Are the supporters unhappy with the takeover?

Did I miss some developments?

I imagine they would love to have Villa there.
Falastur could tell you better, I signed up for their forum when CFG bought the club but haven't been on that often. Lets say some are happy, some are unsure, some are unhappy. Last time I was on they were worried about colour and name changes, but some real on the field progress would probably help with that.

Instant_Offense said:
MillionDollarDream said:

I am a bit confused. The comparison is everything wrong with American football? The lack of quality?
I don't get it either. The league is trying to buy more quality players and develop youth better as well as do a better job of training coaches and such, too. Sure, it's not up there with the European elite, but what do you expect?

Give the yanks a break, they are trying to catch up in a country that sees baseball, basketball and American football as more popular sports... Let's not knock them - just look at our versions of their popular sports.

taconinja said:
Instant_Offense said:
MillionDollarDream said:

I don't get it either. The league is trying to buy more quality players and develop youth better as well as do a better job of training coaches and such, too. Sure, it's not up there with the European elite, but what do you expect?

The MLS, there's a very good article about why MLS will not properly develop youth in this country.(<a class="postlink" href="http://sbn.to/UnMxCk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sbn.to/UnMxCk</a>) Also by the time most make it into MLS they are burnt out by playing 3-4 years of university.

But with more European stars are going to more teams it has elevated the level of play a bit.

For anyone who cares. The majority of our country and those who watch cable television, the NFL is still king. But as you see by this study pushed out by ESPN a couple years ago...

0QUrGtv.jpg

...there is a huge future in covering "soccer" here now.

Also, a couple weeks ago, MLS signed a new TV deal with ESPN & FOX that TRIPLED its revenue taking it to almost $90m a year. (No, it's not PL money, but it's a start). All that being said, you can see MLS is growing fast, and will continue to grow as the younger age groups begin to grow up, get jobs, and have disposable income.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...unce-new-TV-deal-with-ESPN-Fox-Univision.html

MillionDollarDream said:
taconinja said:
Instant_Offense said:

The MLS, there's a very good article about why MLS will not properly develop youth in this country.(<a class="postlink" href="http://sbn.to/UnMxCk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sbn.to/UnMxCk</a>) Also by the time most make it into MLS they are burnt out by playing 3-4 years of university.

But with more European stars are going to more teams it has elevated the level of play a bit.
Those are real problems, but there are tentative steps being taken to try to remedy the situation. It's not always going to go smoothly, but I can honestly say that MLS is MUCH better than it was five years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.