David Villa

Villa is 29, but all the same I don't think we should spend big monies on a player of that age.

And anyway I doubt he'd come. Do you score a goal that wins the Champions League and then leave Barca to Manchester?

Despite him still being a quality player I doubt Mancini wants him either. Actually I think he would gladly have him, but his policy & the clubs seems to be to buy for the future, but if buying for the present 27 seems to be the maximum age we push to. I still think he wants to get an experienced Champions League man in but I'd suspect he'd go for a midfielder for that roll rather than a forward, in my opinion.

Unless we get him at a knock down price, which is never going to happen, I can't see us pursuing Villa.

Manc.

Marvin said:
Villa is 29, but all the same I don't think we should spend big monies on a player of that age.

And anyway I doubt he'd come. Do you score a goal that wins the Champions League and then leave Barca to Manchester?

If the club put you on the transfer market then yes!!

This is the Sanchez we should go all out for, the worlds best finisher

David Villa Sanchez (born December 3, 1981 in Langreo, Asturias, Spain) so still 4 years or so left in him

________TEVEZ______VILLA_________
MATA____DE JONG___YAYA_____SILVA

______________VILLA_______________
MATA_________TEVEZ__________SILVA
_______DE JONG______YAYA__________

:-0

Bluemooner33 said:
Marvin said:

If the club put you on the transfer market then yes!!

This is the Sanchez we should go all out for, the worlds best finisher

David Villa Sanchez (born December 3, 1981 in Langreo, Asturias, Spain) so still 4 years or so left in him

________TEVEZ______VILLA_________
MATA____DE JONG___YAYA_____SILVA

______________VILLA_______________
MATA_________TEVEZ__________SILVA
_______DE JONG______YAYA__________

:-0
We took Yaya from Barca, but he wasn't Spanish. Kolo was here, and Yaya knew his 1st team place at Barca was under threat.

I think Villa is a great player, but it's a dream

But for the Ffpr I'd take Villa.

But at 29 going on 30, I would reckon on a poor resale in 2-3 years time. which is a great pity really as I see him as someone who could fit into our squad well.

At this moment in time a Tevez /Eto'o swap seems the best runner. Sadly, Eto'o is 30 going on 31.

While I'm not saying "we have loads of money sod the resale value", if the right player comes along then resale isn't the priority. Not every player we sign can be in their early 20's and if the right one comes along with champs league experience then so be it if they are late 20's. Xavi is 31 but I'd take him here in a shot....from this thread it seems people are dismissing players over about 28 if they have a high price tag.

BlueForever123 said:
While I'm not saying "we have loads of money sod the resale value", if the right player comes along then resale isn't the priority. Not every player we sign can be in their early 20's and if the right one comes along with champs league experience then so be it if they are late 20's. Xavi is 31 but I'd take him here in a shot....from this thread it seems people are dismissing players over about 28 if they have a high price tag.

Why not?

There are younger strikers as good as Villa (2 at our club already), why don't we look at them.

Sabster said:
BlueForever123 said:

Why not?

There are younger strikers as good as Villa (2 at our club already), why don't we look at them.

Tevez is up there, villa is a better player though. You must be joking if you're trying to claim Balotelli or Dzeko are on the same level as Villa.

Weren't we supposed to have some kind
of gentlemans agreement with Barca that we would avoid
targeting the same players?
I'm inclined to go along with twitcher and believe our
targets are more or less in the bag.
I may be deluded but i'm relaxed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.