David Villa..

David Villa would win us the league. Not single handed of course but as a collective. Three non firing strikers is a worry.

Swales lives said:
Expect an Italian to be revealed on Thursday night... can't say too much yet.
a striker? please not a striker cause the only good one is El Shaarawy and no chance for him. Sure he ain't... Uruguayan?

There aren't any good Italian strikers much less forwards out there that would be good to bring in. So if it is an Italian striker like that KFA is saying above than it will be a shit one

Pam said:
David Villa would win us the league. Not single handed of course but as a collective. Three non firing strikers is a worry.

Villa would almost certainly become our most prolific scorer this half of the season if he came here. The man scores goals, it's in his dna.

People on here complain about him being 31. - So what?
He's faster than Tevez, Edin and Mario, who are all younger than him.
He's got better work ethics than Edin, Kun and Mario, who are all younger than him.
He's more clinical than any of our strikers, who are all younger than him.

He could easily continue to play at the highest level for two more years.
He'd sell a lot of shirts worldwide for us during his time here... so just get it done Txiki!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-david-villa-1562775" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... la-1562775</a>

We all know Mancini's looking a for deadly finisher. How lethal/ruthless is Villa vs say, RVP?

Can't see this happening, silva tweeted him yesterday to congratulate him on the birth of his child so can't see him moving with a new kid just arrived when he can stay at barca to the summer win the league and maybe champions league and then have a few months to think about his next move when things settle

I wouldn't say no to Pazzini. Not an outrageous signing by any means but he's a goalscorer.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Pam said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Laughable statement which makes no sense.

Thats ridiculous. All it takes is for one of the three remaining strikers to pick up a long term injury for us to be desperately short of strikers. Why wouldn't this make sense to you?
Well firstly Mancini may have wanted him gone know one knows what went on, three strikers is more than enough what other team in europe has 4 perceived high quality strikers? The main point is how can you blame Txiki if we end up potless the blame will be rightly placed on Mancini not a fucking director who has been here less than a season. Balotelli as here when we were knocked out of europe and the CC.

I wish we would stop comparing ourselves to other teams. Most won't have 4 top quality forwards, but they would suffer if they were unlucky with injuries.

We don't need to put ourselves in that position.

2 forwards start most games with at least one on the bench. I thought we were limited in our options yesterday with just one forward on the bench. One injury or suspension and we'll be looking at Guidetti (played 45 minutes in months and never in the premier league) as our attacking option if he's fit. Two injuries or suspensions and we're changing formation or robbing peter to pay Paul by moving Yaya or Silva forward.

Meanwhile our ability to rest our forwards decreases which could lead to more fatigue injuries.

Apart from saving money there's not a single logical argument for nite getting another forward in. And if saving money leads yo dropped points in the title race what's the point.

I hope I'm wrong and if we leave things they are we will be lucky with injuries. But it strikes me as a huge unnecessary risk to take.

Wasn't the ever popular (on here) Sami Nasri once a sort of striker at Arsenal or at least more attack-minded than he presently appears to be? Maybe he could become our very own Luis Suarez Mk2?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.