David Villa..

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
bojinov29 said:
i honestly think we need someone who can really push/aid the others now for a starting birth(sp), but maybe i'm dreaming of such a signing, here's hoping :(

If Guidetti had no links with us already and we went out to sign him off the back of his 23 goals for Feyenoord in the Dutch league to fill our 4th choice striker role he would probably fit into the bracket where most would be happy. IMO there is a reluctance by some to trust this lad just because he is not "new"
i ain't doubting his ability as i said earlier and believe hopefully he'll have a great future with us but as i said we are trying to close a gap on them over the road and IMO with our other three stikers not really firing on all cylinders does bringing Guidetti in now to fill that position offer any presure on our other strikers to up there game and push on? it could take Guidetti another 4 weeks to get back to full match fitness and if he don't hit the ground running how many on here are going to be moaning? i don't doubt he can do it but is it a risk to rush him back to title run-in pressure?

bojinov29 said:
bojinov29 said:
i honestly think we need someone who can really push/aid the others now for a starting birth(sp), but maybe i'm dreaming of such a signing, here's hoping :(

If Guidetti had no links with us already and we went out to sign him off the back of his 23 goals for Feyenoord in the Dutch league to fill our 4th choice striker role he would probably fit into the bracket where most would be happy. IMO there is a reluctance by some to trust this lad just because he is not "new"
i ain't doubting his ability as i said earlier and believe hopefully he'll have a great future with us but as i said we are trying to close a gap on them over the road and IMO with our other three stikers not really firing on all cylinders does bringing Guidetti in now to fill that position offer any presure on our other strikers to up there game and push on? it could take Guidetti another 4 weeks to get back to full match fitness and if he don't hit the ground running how many on here are going to be moaning? i don't doubt he can do it but is it a risk to rush him back to title run-in pressure?

I want Guidetti to get his chance and this does seem to be it, but I agree that with the fact he wont be match fit for 4-6 weeks it is a big risk.

However it depends on what they are classing as "match fit", do they mean fit to play the full 90mins?, I would hope he will be ok to be a sub for 10/20 mins at the end of a match in the next few weeks and build up from there.

We will get a better idea at the next EDS match.

We have 3 world class strikers and that should be enough, but they are missfiring at the moment.

grunge said:
bojinov29 said:

I want Guidetti to get his chance and this does seem to be it, but I agree that with the fact he wont be match fit for 4-6 weeks it is a big risk.

However it depends on what they are classing as "match fit", do they mean fit to play the full 90mins?, I would hope he will be ok to be a sub for 10/20 mins at the end of a match in the next few weeks and build up from there.

We have 3 world class strikers and that should be enough, but they are missfiring at the moment.
fair play at least you can see my point.

bojinov29 said:
grunge said:
bojinov29 said:

fair play at least you can see my point.

He won't be 'match fit' til next season.

You get that by playing proper matches, not reserve games. He has to get into a full training routine, like pre season, then learn how to play in the Premier League.

If he manages to make some kind of contribution without that, all credit to him, but to be relying on the lad to do it, is ridiculous & unfair.

We can survive with 3 forwards. But one or two injuries and/or suspensions and we're looking very light. Having to play Guidetti before he's ready might not be the best for him.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
If Lionel Welbeck gets into the CayMANUreFC line up, then Guidetti has an equally good shout to be playing at the same level.

Do you mean the black Bart Simpson?

The Man With The Stick said:
Really hope Guidetti gets his chance. Not only great for him but also sends out a good message to the other lads at the academy. Must seem like an impossible task for them at times.

+1

Tevez City said:
The Man With The Stick said:
Really hope Guidetti gets his chance. Not only great for him but also sends out a good message to the other lads at the academy. Must seem like an impossible task for them at times.

+1

It's impossible for them for the same reason it's impossible for us. They are not good enough.

If they start to reach the level required, like Suarez & Lopez are doing, they will start to become involved. Boyata became involved because he appeared to be ready. If he had been good enough, he would have stayed involved. That applies to everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.