David Villa..

blue underpants said:
cmdub said:
Don't even get me started on barca having first refusal on bale...
Explain
They've already tapped up neymar, that leaves them with Alexis Pedro iniesta and tello as their wingers. Having first refusal on bale would be stupid ad they don't need him

David Villa is the only striker that I can see us going for and getting in the time that's left hopefully the new Executives that are from Barca left on good terms and can call in a few favours
If we are left with Tevez , Dzeko and Aguero who are misfiring at the min what will happen if one gets injured we have no cover and with JG still a few months away surely it's shortsighted not to get another forward in?
Who ever the club target it's going to cost but if we look back at the end of the season and we've possibly missed out on the title by a few points by not spending when we had the chance how much revenue will the club lose then ?
I don't know just doesn't make any sense to me. But what do I know ?Hopefully the people who make those decisions are a lot smarter than me

Paddys Goose said:
Mike Guidetti has said to Swedish media that John will be 4th striker
if that is the case then IMO its a bad call. its not that i don't rate the lad, TBH i think he's is going to be a real star and hoped he had had more game time before now but due to his illness its not been, but to ask him to step up and really fill that position having played a hand full of games after so long out is a big risk, don't doubt he can do it but is now the time?

bojinov29 said:
Paddys Goose said:
if that is the case then IMO its a bad call. its not that i don't rate the lad, TBH i think he's is going to be a real star and hoped he had had more game time before now but due to his illness its not been, but to ask him to step up and really fill that position having played a hand full of games after so long out is a big risk, don't doubt he can do it but is now the time?

He'll be fine once he gets back into shape, in four weeks or something.
Being a fourth striker for us would mean he'd get a few minuted now and then, and likely never being a starter.
Next season will be of paramount importance for John's career.

Matt the Giant said:
bojinov29 said:
Paddys Goose said:

He'll be fine once he gets back into shape, in four weeks or something.
Being a fourth striker for us would mean he'd get a few minuted now and then, and likely never being a starter.
Next season will be of paramount importance for John's career.
i know what your saying and agree its fine for a few minutes here and there but ...... i honestly think we need someone who can really push/aid the others now for a starting birth(sp), but maybe i'm dreaming of such a signing, here's hoping :(

bojinov29 said:
i honestly think we need someone who can really push/aid the others now for a starting birth(sp), but maybe i'm dreaming of such a signing, here's hoping :(

If Guidetti had no links with us already and we went out to sign him off the back of his 23 goals for Feyenoord in the Dutch league to fill our 4th choice striker role he would probably fit into the bracket where most would be happy. IMO there is a reluctance by some to trust this lad just because he is not "new"

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
bojinov29 said:
i honestly think we need someone who can really push/aid the others now for a starting birth(sp), but maybe i'm dreaming of such a signing, here's hoping :(

If Guidetti had no links with us already and we went out to sign him off the back of his 23 goals for Feyenoord in the Dutch league to fill our 4th choice striker role he would probably fit into the bracket where most would be happy. IMO there is a reluctance by some to trust this lad just because he is not "new"

Its more the 'has played 45 minutes of football in 10 months' that concerns people.

We can't expect too much from him this year, often get a lot if niggly injuries after a long stretch out which would leave us short.

Longer term I have no problem with him provided the coaching staff think he's up to the job.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
bojinov29 said:

Couldn't agree more. If Guidetti is going to make it with us, this is the chance he needs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.