David Villa..

Neville Kneville said:
Tevez City said:
The Man With The Stick said:
Really hope Guidetti gets his chance. Not only great for him but also sends out a good message to the other lads at the academy. Must seem like an impossible task for them at times.

+1

It's impossible for them for the same reason it's impossible for us. They are not good enough.

If they start to reach the level required, like Suarez & Lopez are doing, they will start to become involved. Boyata became involved because he appeared to be ready. If he had been good enough, he would have stayed involved. That applies to everyone.
I'd say that our best eds players are young rather than 'not good enough' and maybe not quite ready yet but lettin them know that first team oppurtunities will be available cant hurt. I think Guidetti gettin a proper chance would do that.

The Man With The Stick said:
Neville Kneville said:
Tevez City said:

It's impossible for them for the same reason it's impossible for us. They are not good enough.

If they start to reach the level required, like Suarez & Lopez are doing, they will start to become involved. Boyata became involved because he appeared to be ready. If he had been good enough, he would have stayed involved. That applies to everyone.
I'd say that our best eds players are young rather than 'not good enough' and maybe not quite ready yet but lettin them know that first team oppurtunities will be available cant hurt. I think Guidetti gettin a proper chance would do that.

I think Neville is right- if they are good enough, players will get the right opportunities.

Our team is, of course, harder than most to break into, but when deserved, I am sure there will be chances.

One of my biggest gripes with Hughes was his refusal to give Sturridge a fair chance when he was with us. Whenever he played, in my opinion, he played well. I remember Stoke he set up Robinho twice, when we were 2-0 down away at Blackburn, Sturridge came on, scored and set up Robinho. He delivered, and Hughes didn't like him.

When I saw Suarez in the cup against Villa I was pretty disappointed. Yes, he is young, and he is obviously a huge talent, but he completely shrunk into a shadow in that game I though. Razak looked like a bit of a headless chicken, but was clearly raw, and could be moulded into a better player. Young players have to take their opportunities I think.

So many people on the forum go on about our youth players and how they should be drafted in, or why aren't they given the chances- maybe they just aren't good enough at the moment.

Rekik will be ready to step up next season, I reckon, depending how he does on loan. Not a starting place, but a first team squad member. Quality isn't necessarily a question of age - look at Nastasic.

It's a pity john Guidetti is not ready now looks like he's about a month away from fully first team fitness

I'm dreading Guidetti pulling on a Blue shirt. The amount of hype and expectation around the kid is unbelievable and if he fails to deliver inside the first 20 minutes, I am sure plenty will crucify him.

Accident waiting to happen.

He needs careful development and handling. As others have said he is still a way off full match fitness and that in itself won't truly come now until probably next season.

If he is to start at any point, I just hope everyone gives him the time and space he needs to develop into a genuine first team player.

I think loan moves are great for our kids. Give them the experience of senior football, and give the club a bit of an insight how they handle it.

Someone like Suarez in particular I reckon needs a move on loan.

moomba said:
I think loan moves are great for our kids. Give them the experience of senior football, and give the club a bit of an insight how they handle it.

Someone like Suarez in particular I reckon needs a move on loan.
Somewhere like Brighton or Crystal Palace would be good for him. Needs that passing game instead of midfield bypass.

strongbowholic said:
If he is to start at any point, I just hope everyone gives him the time and space he needs to develop into a genuine first team player.

Fat chance of that happening, the boo boys will love this one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.