David Villa..

We could be clearing the decks for an overhaul.

From the Times article, it sounds like Txiki disapproved of a lot of personnel and tactical decisions made at City. I could see a few unexpected departures in the summer.

I think it's quite obvious that the reason why we're not strengthening our squad is because of money, we need to qualify for FFP. Sure we raised money from the Balotelli sale, but that will either be used to help meet FFP or be used to sign a top top player who could have a long future at Manchester City.

ballinio said:
Mike N said:
Chippy_boy said:
Clutching at straws mate.

Our cunning??? plan was to strengthen our team ready of the battle with the scum, by selling Balotelli.

Utter madness imho... unless that is we sign Falcao or similar in the dying moments.

But I fear its the 2nd backwards moving window on the trot. We had a better squad 2 days ago and a better squad still before the last window.

Couldn't give a monkey's about Mario but I agree we've weakened our squad each of the last two windows. Not sure why champions would do that.
We are going backwards

I bet you cant move for party invites.

Blue Haze said:

From the Times article, it sounds like Txiki disapproved of a lot of personnel and tactical decisions made at City. I could see a few unexpected departures in the summer.

The only overhaul will be in the strike force department, the problem we have is getting players out of the door who have big wages, it just ain't gonna happen.

The only big leavers in the Summer in my opinion will be Dzeko and possibly Tevez.

If we tried to completely collapse the squad to start again it will be a disaster if you ask me.

Citizen of Ottawa said:
I think it's quite obvious that the reason why we're not strengthening our squad is because of money, we need to qualify for FFP. Sure we raised money from the Balotelli sale, but that will either be used to help meet FFP or be used to sign a top top player who could have a long future at Manchester City.

Could be FFP but then again we maybe looking at getting players in in the summer once the last of hughes players final reach the end of their contract thus freeing up their wages.

And added on to that the players we want like Falco or Cavani are just not available during a january window.

The summer window is a totally different thing and I think we are going to be a lot more entertained with players in and out.

ballinio said:
Mike N said:
Chippy_boy said:
Clutching at straws mate.

Our cunning??? plan was to strengthen our team ready of the battle with the scum, by selling Balotelli.

Utter madness imho... unless that is we sign Falcao or similar in the dying moments.

But I fear its the 2nd backwards moving window on the trot. We had a better squad 2 days ago and a better squad still before the last window.

Couldn't give a monkey's about Mario but I agree we've weakened our squad each of the last two windows. Not sure why champions would do that.
We are going backwards

I know what you mean;
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wycjnCCgUes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wycjnCCgUes</a>

sam-caddick said:
Blue Haze said:

The only overhaul will be in the strike force department, the problem we have is getting players out of the door who have big wages, it just ain't gonna happen.

The only big leavers in the Summer in my opinion will be Dzeko and possibly Tevez.

If we tried to completely collapse the squad to start again it will be a disaster if you ask me.

I could also see Lescott, Kolarov leaving due to lack of playing time. Anyone in central midfield besides Yaya, most of them make wages far in excess of their ability. And like you said, we will probably listen to offers for Dzeko and Tevez.

Most of the players I've mentioned probably don't get as much playing time as they want. The wages will be the big issue, but I could still see 2-4 departures from the group I've mentioned on top of the loan exiles whose contracts will end.

Brendan110_0 said:
ballinio said:
Mike N said:
We are going backwards
were doomed fucking doomed.

I know what you mean;
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wycjnCCgUes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wycjnCCgUes</a>

Blue Haze said:
sam-caddick said:
Blue Haze said:

I could also see Lescott, Kolarov leaving due to lack of playing time. Anyone in central midfield besides Yaya, most of them make wages far in excess of their ability. And like you said, we will probably listen to offers for Dzeko and Tevez.

Most of the players I've mentioned probably don't get as much playing time as they want. The wages will be the big issue, but I could still see 2-4 departures from the group I've mentioned on top of the loan exiles whose contracts will end.

Yeah I can see that.

Dzeko, Kolarov, Lescott are the probable certainties, Tevez a maybe.

The team has to be built around Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya, Silva and Agüero in the Summer in my opinion.

In that list beholds our best players and leaders.

#FCB reject last ditch offer from #MCFC for forward David Villa

via @indykaila

Can't say we didn't try

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.