David Villa..

IeMo_2007 said:
Ray78 said:
IeMo_2007 said:
Manchester City are preparing to put the skids under Tottenham Hotspur's bid for Barcelona striker David Villa.

The Londoners have been eyeing the 31-year-old for months and it is understood that technical director in charge of player recruitment Franco Baldini will now make a formal move for the player.

But Villa is making life difficult and on top of an £8 million transfer fee, the north London outfit will need to find around £100,000 a week to tempt a player who is currently on £160,000 at the Nou Camp.

Spurs are simply not in that sort of market place as they bid to keep Gareth Bale which would of course make him the club's biggest earner by a considerable distance.

To even consider around £100,000 a week for Villa is not a serious option for chairman Daniel Levy who is one of the most financially astute and toughest negotiators in the game given the new Financial Fair Play rules which come in next season.

City, however, would have no problems offering a deal of around the £100,000 plus transfer fee following the departure of Tevez who was on £200,000.

A source at the Etihad said: "He would be the ideal back up striker to our front two and comes with the advantage of leaving wriggle room within the FFP regulations.

"There's definite interest here so long as Villa's desire to stay at the Nou Camp doesn't see him demanding a weekly wage of the £160,000 he currently earning."

The link :
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/27186-mcfc-transfer-news-city-to-make-villa-bid.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier ... la-bid.php</a>

Maybe not.

Why not ?? .. At least he's better than the players we have been linked with in the last 48 hours

Nothing wrong with the player but the wages are a slight concern for me.

BringBackSwales said:
richards30 said:
Yes please!!! Villa working with aguero, silva, navas and yaya would be brilliant!

been out all day pal, is he linked? 33's on skybet

-- Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 pm --

cmdub said:
the fact that spurs fans are getting giddy about signing villa tells me all i need to know:

no thanks. hes on the wrong side of his career and wants way too much in wages.

not to mention the 'sky sources' that said this morning city and liverpool have been offered to him are late to that party, i specifically remember TH posting that weeks ago

can get late to a party and still have a very good time, class player
Absolutely. Last to the party... hang out near the ladies room and score like Jagger .. or was that move like... Sorry.. I am shite faced.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
If we get Villa he will be ahead of Dzeko in the pecking order within the first month of the season
Agreed, quality player!

If he wants an assuring contract length then I say we offer him a 3/4 year deal on the same pay as long as the last year is played out at NYCFC.

If we are looking to bring in a seasoned pro, Villa, who despite his age still has a lot to offer still, would easily link up with Silva and Navas from his time with Spain, and having him around the youngsters would be a big plus, even if its only for a couple of seasons, he can hit the ground running, and it wouldn't be a massive salary either.. No brainer, get him in, if Pellegrini can get Crocky scoring, then he will have no problem with Villa

TexasBlueMoon said:
Only if he's third choice behind Kun and Dzeko

With his finishing ability he could end up first choice but anyway with the CL and domestic cups and possible injuries there's plenty of scope for all strikers to get decent game time.

A definite yes from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.