David Villa..

Yeah... World Cup/La Liga/Champions League winner David Villa and Bundesliga/Champions League/DFB-Pokal treble winner Mario Gomez show a lack of ambition, but Benteke would show our endless ambition. Benteke who may be awesome and the next Drogba or may be the latest one season wonder like so many who have come from abroad as great unknowns to defenders... Zaki, Cisse, Odemwingie, Benjani, Mido, Santa Cruz, McCarthy, etc. AKA let's give him another season before spunking a fortune on him. :)

LoveCity said:
Yeah... World Cup/La Liga/Champions League winner David Villa and Bundesliga/Champions League/DFB-Pokal treble winner Mario Gomez show a lack of ambition, but Benteke would show our endless ambition. Benteke who may be awesome and the next Drogba or may be the latest one season wonder like so many who have come from abroad as great unknowns to defenders... Zaki, Cisse, Odemwingie, Benjani, Mido, Santa Cruz, McCarthy, etc. AKA let's give him another season before spunking a fortune on him. :)
Question is, given that we still have Dzeko, would you want either? I can't see the money being right for either player.

Joehannes said:
LoveCity said:
Question is, given that we still have Dzeko, would you want either? I can't see the money being right for either player.

if we will keep dzeko then between this 2 Villa will be the perfect fit

citizens_1976 said:
If we buy Villa, Osvaldo, Gomez, Negredo or Cardozo I would be really worried about our chances next season. Those types of signings would show a lack of ambition, especially when we've let a world class striker go. Tevez and Balotelli piss all over those lot.

I'd sooner have Benteke. At the right age, can hold up the ball and is a regular goalscorer for a 21 year old.

If Napoli were looking to rob us blind with Cavani then I dread to think what Aston Villa's valuation of Benteke could be.

villa no thanx... nor any other 39 30 od year old... save the cash or get an uncut Diamond..

dont buy for the sake of buying.. if thats the case get higuin

Davs 19 said:
Plain Speaking said:
Its an Arsenal type signing for me, ie second tier.
However, if thats where we're at with FFP, it could be worse.

David Villa, Spains all time top goal scorer and still a squad regular,second tier.

Oh dear.
Yes, its the fact he's 31 and more likely to come "off the bench" at Barca and for the national team than start that makes him currently below the top tier.

I acknowledge he's still a very good quality player, but he's had a bad leg break and is probably past his best. I like his "clean cut" image and I would imagine he would gell very well with the likes of Silva and Navas.

You must admit if it wasnt for FFP we would be targeting the very "top tier" of strikers eg Falcao or Cavani to replace Tevez/Balo or Dzeko?

I'd definitely be happy with Villa at City, there are a few younger options but Villa is a proven goalscorer at all levels, and much better than Gomez for me. He is used out wide on the left at Barca, but if moved back to the centre, then he would always be available for Navas or Silva. He wouldn't play 90 minutes of every game, and that would leave enough time for other strikers, who could come into games fresh.

IeMo_2007 said:
Manchester City are preparing to put the skids under Tottenham Hotspur's bid for Barcelona striker David Villa.

The Londoners have been eyeing the 31-year-old for months and it is understood that technical director in charge of player recruitment Franco Baldini will now make a formal move for the player.

But Villa is making life difficult and on top of an £8 million transfer fee, the north London outfit will need to find around £100,000 a week to tempt a player who is currently on £160,000 at the Nou Camp.

Spurs are simply not in that sort of market place as they bid to keep Gareth Bale which would of course make him the club's biggest earner by a considerable distance.

To even consider around £100,000 a week for Villa is not a serious option for chairman Daniel Levy who is one of the most financially astute and toughest negotiators in the game given the new Financial Fair Play rules which come in next season.

City, however, would have no problems offering a deal of around the £100,000 plus transfer fee following the departure of Tevez who was on £200,000.

A source at the Etihad said: "He would be the ideal back up striker to our front two and comes with the advantage of leaving wriggle room within the FFP regulations.

"There's definite interest here so long as Villa's desire to stay at the Nou Camp doesn't see him demanding a weekly wage of the £160,000 he currently earning."

The link :
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/27186-mcfc-transfer-news-city-to-make-villa-bid.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier ... la-bid.php</a>

The article is nonsense imo, I know for a fact that Daniel Levy wants Villa and has been working on the transfer for months. We've agreed terms with Barcelona just down to Villa whether he wants to come or not, which I'm guessing will be decided after the Confeds final.

GHoddle said:
IeMo_2007 said:
Manchester City are preparing to put the skids under Tottenham Hotspur's bid for Barcelona striker David Villa.

The Londoners have been eyeing the 31-year-old for months and it is understood that technical director in charge of player recruitment Franco Baldini will now make a formal move for the player.

But Villa is making life difficult and on top of an £8 million transfer fee, the north London outfit will need to find around £100,000 a week to tempt a player who is currently on £160,000 at the Nou Camp.

Spurs are simply not in that sort of market place as they bid to keep Gareth Bale which would of course make him the club's biggest earner by a considerable distance.

To even consider around £100,000 a week for Villa is not a serious option for chairman Daniel Levy who is one of the most financially astute and toughest negotiators in the game given the new Financial Fair Play rules which come in next season.

City, however, would have no problems offering a deal of around the £100,000 plus transfer fee following the departure of Tevez who was on £200,000.

A source at the Etihad said: "He would be the ideal back up striker to our front two and comes with the advantage of leaving wriggle room within the FFP regulations.

"There's definite interest here so long as Villa's desire to stay at the Nou Camp doesn't see him demanding a weekly wage of the £160,000 he currently earning."

The link :
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/27186-mcfc-transfer-news-city-to-make-villa-bid.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier ... la-bid.php</a>

The article is nonsense imo, I know for a fact that Daniel Levy wants Villa and has been working on the transfer for months. We've agreed terms with Barcelona just down to Villa whether he wants to come or not, which I'm guessing will be decided after the Confeds final.

What a bizarre post. You say the article is nonsense yet pretty much agree with it bar us making a move on him, which obviously you'd have no clue about.

What part is nonsense?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.