David White appreciation thread

He's been for his Sunday dinner and a few beers at the Big fella's house. Calling @Bigg Bigg Blue

Yes he did, him and his good lady Emma.

Emma was working at the gym that the wife used to go to and when his book came out Mrs. Biggs asked Emma if David would sign a copy for me.

She went one better and both her and David came to my house for Sunday dinner and he brought with him his England cap and the match ball from that night at Villa Park.

When he had to think about anything, it went to pot.

Great player on his day but jesus H, the worst miss I have ever seen on a football field was from Whitey.

A shit game at Carrow Road, think it ended 0-0 or lost 1-0.

Think the Sterling miss at Burnley but from even closer and jaw droppingly bad.

As a young Irish kid all them years ago it was Quinn around 1990 was the reason I started following City. Loved David White, was so gutted the day I heard we sold him to Leeds

What an atmosphere that night.
Walked in to my local straight after the game and said: "It's in our hands, if we win every game from here on in, we're champions!!!"
I'm still nervous watching it now! Might need that pint to settle the nerves again!
Wasn’t it great -euphoria! -we hadn’t had it for years years.

The Villa away game that DW scored four was actually rearranged from the previous December when it was snowed off. So if anyone kept their ticket I’m sure it will say December 1990.

oooops just read the earlier comments and it’s been mentioned already about a dozen times. Also mentioned is the 2-1 win at Villa the year before on the day the Strangeways riots started. Quite an interesting day, had words with a Utd fan taking this piss as we drove through town, had a blow out on the M6 on the way down, then my wheel jack broke! A fellow blue stopped and helped me put a dodgy spare on, he insisted on taking me and my mate Colin to Villa Park then back to Hilton Park to pick up my banger. Also recall City fans chasing and kicking a car with a Villa fan in after it had barged into City fans after the game. A typical away day!

Last edited:
Whitey was brilliant but something somehow died with the England Cap and that early chance he fluffed in Spain. It was as if his belief drained out of him completely after that. From what I recall it was that stark -and it was evident on the pitch. Now we know what he went through it’s more understandable but it was all completely unfathomable at the time -for me at least.

Whitey was brilliant but something somehow died with the England Cap and that early chance he fluffed in Spain. It was as if his belief drained out of him completely after that. From what I recall it was that stark -and it was evident on the pitch. Now we know what he went through it’s more understandable but it was all completely unfathomable at the time -for me at least.
Bang on. So many supporters game him flak because his game dropped off a cliff.
Like you said; he had so many things going on, as did others who he had played with, that it all makes sense 30 years on.

Bump! No he’s not dead, at least i hope not. Just thinking about New Year’s Day games and villa away came into the old memory bank. Happy new year blues x and yeah I know it wasn’t the David white 4 goals game before some smart arse tells me!

I was standing on the Holte End when he got 4, after Cowans had threatened to ruin us for 20 minutes.

The Villa fans were grudgingly admiring.
Was there too that night. One of my favorite away games. He tore them apart with his devastating no nonsense attacking performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.