David White

kp789 said:
How good was he? Albeit I am not old enough to remember seeing him play, but from old city games that I see, he has always struck me as a fantastic player in a group of brilliant prospects such as Lake, Brightwell, Hinchcliffe, etc. Or am I mistaken?

Not very good
Had a bit of a purple patch when playing centre forward.
He was selected for England, missed a couple of sitters and was never the same again
Fast, had a hard shot and that was it

TGR said:
I think he and his family run a skip hire business nowadays.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thewhitegroup.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thewhitegroup.co.uk/</a>

I'm pretty sure its the above business,a slightly bigger operation.....

I agree Whitey was one of our better players in the late 80s, however I remember him playing against Stuart Pearce when Pearce was at his best for Forest. Whitey never got a look in, he actually looked intimidated by Pearce.

I remember Whitey. Legs like tree trunks, fast, effortless runner. Never seemed out of breath.

Never the same player after his England debut. He missed a sitter early doors and that was it. I always thought that brought about his down-turn. His form seemed to drop around that time.

Somebody told me, around 1993, that they had seen him in a healthclub, in a pool, with a massive keg on him and how they didn't expect to see that on a professional sportsman. The swap deal with Rocastle seemed a good deal at first but from recollection Rocastle went downhill pretty quick as well after a couple of impressive cameo performances. Shame about Horton. He was a good manager. Just unlucky with injuries, players losing interest and no funds.

kp789 said:
How good was he? Albeit I am not old enough to remember seeing him play, but from old city games that I see, he has always struck me as a fantastic player in a group of brilliant prospects such as Lake, Brightwell, Hinchcliffe, etc. Or am I mistaken?
He wasn't as good as me:) was great tbh as far as I know he still does the corporate stuff.

He was cut short by injury, played the best football in his teens and early 20s.

A very effective player and consistent finisher if shooting from the inside ride channel across the keeper. He got to his 50 goal mark very quickly as a right winger before Kendall played him off Quinn, where continued scoring and setting up Niall.

I would have him in City's top 2 of 3 players each season from 1987-93. Instrumental in he '89 promotion and '91 & '92 top five finishes.

In his early days he was on Granada Soccer Night, working at the scrap metal yard doing the books.

So David White wasn't very good? Some right spoiled kids on here! White was great for us. 79 goals off that right wing says as much. fast, strong, a good crosser and as direct a footballer as you'd see. Loads of assists as well. fucking hell I do despair at times.

B\connellblue said:
So David White wasn't very good? Some right spoiled kids on here! White was great for us. 79 goals off that right wing says as much. fast, strong, a good crosser and as direct a footballer as you'd see. Loads of assists as well. fucking hell I do despair at times.
I assumed they were fishing, he looks like he's been on Barcon's pie eating marathon these days though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.