Davies Out, Pearce In,Pearce Out, Big Dougie In!

Re: Davies Out, Pearce In. Starting next season. Not Sven.

Kun Aguero said:
johnny on the spot said:
It's obvious to dwell on the horrifically bad football Pearce had us playing, but what's more is that our players' discipline was so awful it was bizarre.

This from the news article about his sacking:

trmL1oH.jpg

For a renowned hard case, he struggled badly to control his charges.

Fucking good find. The Pearce days will always be remembered for me and the lads I went with drinking before the game, as the season went on and we failed to score we'd meet up earlier and earlier in the hope of not remembering the match.

^^^ this, ehehe

I remember going to Anfield and watching us from behind the goal completely devoid of any attacking intent or ambition, until of course we were a goal down.. it was some of the most soul-destroying football I can ever remember watching.

Nothing against Pearce as a player or a person, but the way he set us up and sent us out to approach games was awful; truly dreadful.

I thought his contract ran out, Wardle was desperate to sell up and was cheesed off that Pearce had taken on the England U21s, so no new contract was offered. Given the dire financial straights the club was in, SP did a miraculous job keeping us up, his only real gaff (apart from beany) was buying Samaras. The football (if you can call it that) was the antidote to entertainment, but he did the job Wardle (who doesn't get enough stick IMO) asked him to do.

johnny on the spot said:
It's obvious to dwell on the horrifically bad football Pearce had us playing, but what's more is that our players' discipline was so awful it was bizarre.

This from the news article about his sacking:

trmL1oH.jpg

For a renowned hard case, he struggled badly to control his charges.

Fucking dark days indeed. And the rags fucking complain because they're 7th in the table...

lyonfish said:
I thought his contract ran out, Wardle was desperate to sell up and was cheesed off that Pearce had taken on the England U21s, so no new contract was offered. Given the dire financial straights the club was in, SP did a miraculous job keeping us up, his only real gaff (apart from beany) was buying Samaras. The football (if you can call it that) was the antidote to entertainment, but he did the job Wardle (who doesn't get enough stick IMO) asked him to do.

Pearce was on a one-my ear rolling contract, so he was ALWAYS 12 months away from the end of it.

And why give John Wardle stick? If it wasn't for him - and David Making - City would have ceased to exist. We owe everything to them and all of us should be eternally grateful that they were prepared to put millions of their own money into the club in order to keep Manchester City afloat.

Vienna_70 said:
lyonfish said:

Pearce was on a one-my ear rolling contract, so he was ALWAYS 12 months away from the end of it.

And why give John Wardle stick? If it wasn't for him - and David Making - City would have ceased to exist. We owe everything to them and all of us should be eternally grateful that they were prepared to put millions of their own money into the club in order to keep Manchester City afloat.
Exactly, didn't Wardle help fund the club when Noodlehead was fucking around and not paying wages as well? If I ever meet the man I'll buy him a drink.

Pearce is an absolute shit football coach, he was shite at City and abysmal with England U21's. Forest will regret employing him !

aguero93:20 said:
Vienna_70 said:
lyonfish said:

Exactly, didn't Wardle help fund the club when Noodlehead was fucking around and not paying wages as well? If I ever meet the man I'll buy him a drink.

I'd buy him a drink too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.