Dawson out for season with that

mcfc_nick said:
dont kid yourself mate, none of them are even close to being as good as Dawson. with King youre trying to tell us he can play week in week out by telling us he played five games in a row, wow! Kaboul is shit, Corluka's not a centre back, even though he's probably youre best choice and Gallas is past it

King can comfortably play 1 game a week.... and you are basing your view of Gallas on what exactly..... he was injured and missed the last 2 months of the season at Arsenal.... I will reserve judgement until he plays......

Slaven Bilic thinks Corluka is a CB..... it is the only position he has played in for Croatia....

Kaboul is not shit..... he made your left back look pretty stupid in May (or have you conveniently forgotten that moment he eased past him and crossed for Crouch to head home).....

We coped more than adequately without Modric for 5 months, Lennon for 6 months, Bale and Pav for the 1st half of the season and without King, Woodgate and Dawson for large chunks of last season...... you may not realise but King played 21 of our PL games last season and Dawson only played in 24....... so we had 14 games (over 35%) of our PL games were played with Bassong as our only recognised CB..... and we still finished 4th....

It is about how you cope and cover with injuries.....

marcspurs said:
mcfc_nick said:
dont kid yourself mate, none of them are even close to being as good as Dawson. with King youre trying to tell us he can play week in week out by telling us he played five games in a row, wow! Kaboul is shit, Corluka's not a centre back, even though he's probably youre best choice and Gallas is past it
you may not realise but King played 21 of our PL games last season and Dawson only played in 24....... so we had 14 games (over 35%) of our PL games were played with Bassong as our only recognised CB..... and we still finished 4th....
Thats some coincedence that every game Dawson was injured King was injured too - or as i suspect are you talking rubbish?

And I've seen Corluka have many games at RB for Croatia, in fact he played there against England.

marcspurs said:
mcfc_nick said:

King can comfortably play 1 game a week.... and you are basing your view of Gallas on what exactly..... he was injured and missed the last 2 months of the season at Arsenal.... I will reserve judgement until he plays......

Slaven Bilic thinks Corluka is a CB..... it is the only position he has played in for Croatia....

Kaboul is not shit..... he made your left back look pretty stupid in May (or have you conveniently forgotten that moment he eased past him and crossed for Crouch to head home).....

We coped more than adequately without Modric for 5 months, Lennon for 6 months, Bale and Pav for the 1st half of the season and without King, Woodgate and Dawson for large chunks of last season...... you may not realise but King played 21 of our PL games last season and Dawson only played in 24....... so we had 14 games (over 35%) of our PL games were played with Bassong as our only recognised CB..... and we still finished 4th....

Speaking of pretty stupid, would that have been Craig Bellamy, the left back?

marcspurs said:
oh yeah, a quality needed for a decent centre back, youve convinced me!

marcspurs said:
mcfc_nick said:

Well when Charlie was with us there were quotes from Bilic saying he was the best right back in the world....

I don't think anyone's saying you don't have cover but after King he's by far your best centre back and he'll e a huge loss, if Kings knee flares up again then you're in bother imo.

de niro said:
its not too late for them to sign another player.......it is spurs after all.

Rather ironic, surely, given that the Premier League allowed City to sign Marton Fulop on loan for the last few games of last season - despite the fact that City had fit and available goalkeepers?

Great shame for Dawson. By all accounts, one of the most genuine and nicest professional footballers you'll meet anywhere. Always plays with a smile on his face and always modest and unassuming. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to him.

I think Spurs will be alright without him, though. King, Gallas, Bassong and Kaboul (with Huddlestone and Corluka as back up) is still a very strong collection of centre backs. Bassong was actually very good last season. Alongside one of King or Gallas, he'll be fine.

You see a player go down like that after twisting his knee and it means only one thing. Cruciate and 12 months out - minimum. Terrible for him, hes young though and has a good chance of comming back but its a long road.

I just dread it happening to one of our players...He worked hard to get that start for England as well gutted for him really.

Blue Smarties said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, think about tottenham's season. Ahhh noooo. At least they have woodgate in the squad.... oh... hang on
I second this!
Yeah and the always half-injured Ledley King. I honestly believe Tottenham will struggle this season because of the battle on 2 fronts. Whereas we have a large enough squad with enough quality and experience which not many Tottenham have, particularly of mid-week CL football

JimB said:
de niro said:
its not too late for them to sign another player.......it is spurs after all.

Rather ironic, surely, given that the Premier League allowed City to sign Marton Fulop on loan for the last few games of last season - despite the fact that City had fit and available goalkeepers?

Would that have been using the rule that has been in existence for years, and that Spurs have used themselves in the past (although Spurs were allowed to return a keeper on loan).

By the way, who were our fit and available keepers?<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:03 am --<br /><br />
ste.sully said:
Blue Smarties said:
I second this!
Yeah and the always half-injured Ledley King. I honestly believe Tottenham will struggle this season because of the battle on 2 fronts. Whereas we have a large enough squad with enough quality and experience which not many Tottenham have, particularly of mid-week CL football

I think Spurs will be doing well to qualify for Europe at all next sessason, I think it will be harder than they think. Even more so if Dawson is out for any length of time, although Gallas is a decent (if not as good) replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.