Dawson out for season with that

How does everyone know what damage Dawson has done to his knee?

He'll need a scan.

Corluka is a better centre-back than he is a full back. But I don't think Kaboul or Corluka are anywhere near as good as King and Dawson so any lengthy absence for Dawson will be serious blow to Spurs. He was their best player last season (more consistent than Bale), although he has looked very uncertain in an England shirt.

spudsulike said:
Thanks for all your messages with sympathy for Dawson. We have not always had the best relationship with regards to our clubs, and even more so recently.

I hate to see any injury to any player, and if the shoe was on the other foot, I certainally would be wishing any City player a speedy recovery.

Even though we are short of recognised CB's, with King, Bassong & Gallas our only fit ones, we do have a few players who can fill in there. These are Corluka, Kaboul, Hutton, Huddlestone, and I have even seen Palacious play there once whilst he was at Wigan.

Saying all that though, I dont suppose you would like to loan us one for a few months??? Afterall you have got one or 2 spare!!!

Ha ha...'Arry's tapped enough of our players over the last few years fella....Dunne,Distin,James,SWP,Cole...all had the "triffic player,but it's up to the chairman" treatment...so I'm afraid its "blown out of the water" and hands off!!

marcspurs said:
I love your views of the Spurs squad.... it's hysterical.....

Anyway..... Woodgate not in the squad and probably will retire by Xmas.....

Did someone say King can't play 2 games in a row...?? Think back to April/May last season, we played Arsenal, Chelsea, Manure, Bolton and Citeh (5 games) in the space of 19 days (one every 4 days roughly) and he played 90 mins in every game and we won 4 and lost 1..... he also played v YB's in midweek and then v Wigwam at the week-end (yes we lost, but he played 90 mins).....

So that theory is shot down in flames......

We have:

King, Bassong, Gallas, Kaboul and Corluka (he plays there and did so again this evening for Croatia)...... We have England U21 CB's Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton..... we have England U19 CB Steven Caulker

So we still have 5 senior CB's (4 of whom are Internationals), 2 International U21 CB's and an U19..... I would say we are covered......
Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton centre backs since when? there both full backs, neither are big enough to play CB.

The word from Ian Dennis (5Live reporter) in the tunnel after the game, he spoke to Dawson who was on crutches..... he twisted his knee and ankle and will be having a scan in the morning......

Anterior cruciate ligament or lateral collateral ligament damage. I hate Spurs but watching that happen to Dawson made me cringe. Someone so injury-prone doesn't need luck like that.

I genuinely hope the lad recovers asap and goes on to have a shite season with Spurs first team.

Marvin said:
How does everyone know what damage Dawson has done to his knee?

He'll need a scan.

Corluka is a better centre-back than he is a full back. But I don't think Kaboul or Corluka are anywhere near as good as King and Dawson so any lengthy absence for Dawson will be serious blow to Spurs. He was their best player last season (more consistent than Bale), although he has looked very uncertain in an England shirt.

You can tell sometimes. Looked bad. Hope not.

marcspurs said:
I love your views of the Spurs squad.... it's hysterical.....

Anyway..... Woodgate not in the squad and probably will retire by Xmas.....

Did someone say King can't play 2 games in a row...?? Think back to April/May last season, we played Arsenal, Chelsea, Manure, Bolton and Citeh (5 games) in the space of 19 days (one every 4 days roughly) and he played 90 mins in every game and we won 4 and lost 1..... he also played v YB's in midweek and then v Wigwam at the week-end (yes we lost, but he played 90 mins).....

So that theory is shot down in flames......

We have:

King, Bassong, Gallas, Kaboul and Corluka (he plays there and did so again this evening for Croatia)...... We have England U21 CB's Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton..... we have England U19 CB Steven Caulker

So we still have 5 senior CB's (4 of whom are Internationals), 2 International U21 CB's and an U19..... I would say we are covered......
dont kid yourself mate, none of them are even close to being as good as Dawson. with King youre trying to tell us he can play week in week out by telling us he played five games in a row, wow! Kaboul is shit, Corluka's not a centre back, even though he's probably youre best choice and Gallas is past it

bluesmith said:
Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton centre backs since when? there both full backs, neither are big enough to play CB.

Walker is the same height as Richards and according to one of your posters can cover at CB.... he also played the majority of last season on loan at Sheff Utd at CB..... Corluka plays RB for us but CB for Croatia.......

Kompany is a DCM..... but played CB for you for a lot of last season and was excellent on the opening day against us there.....

So whilst Walker maybe listed as a RB.... he is more than capable of playing at CB......

Naughton is also same height as the other two..... according to the official Spurs and Citeh sites, so I don't really see the height issue if Richards is CB cover according to Citeh posters on here...... then so are the two Kyles.......

So long as King or Gallas plays the younger less experienced ones will be fine.....

marcspurs said:
bluesmith said:

Walker is the same height as Richards and according to one of your posters can cover at CB.... he also played the majority of last season on loan at Sheff Utd at CB..... Corluka plays RB for us but CB for Croatia.......

Kompany is a DCM..... but played CB for you for a lot of last season and was excellent on the opening day against us there.....

So whilst Walker maybe listed as a RB.... he is more than capable of playing at CB......

Naughton is also same height as the other two..... according to the official Spurs and Citeh sites, so I don't really see the height issue if Richards is CB cover according to Citeh posters on here...... then so are the two Kyles.......
So you agree they are full backs then? why say the they are CB in your orignal post?

Kompany was a CB playing in midfield not the other way round - he's also about 6 foot 3!
Richards isnt a CB - hes too small. We'd have to have atleast 5 players injured before he'd get a game there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.