Dawson out for season with that

JimB said:
de niro said:
its not too late for them to sign another player.......it is spurs after all.

Rather ironic, surely, given that the Premier League allowed City to sign Marton Fulop on loan for the last few games of last season - despite the fact that City had fit and available goalkeepers?
Great shame for Dawson. By all accounts, one of the most genuine and nicest professional footballers you'll meet anywhere. Always plays with a smile on his face and always modest and unassuming. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to him.

I think Spurs will be alright without him, though. King, Gallas, Bassong and Kaboul (with Huddlestone and Corluka as back up) is still a very strong collection of centre backs. Bassong was actually very good last season. Alongside one of King or Gallas, he'll be fine.
Wrong. We had 1 fit and available keeper. Even an academy keeper was injured. If the reserve keeper had been injured, an outfield player, or a young keeper from the academy would have had to go in goal.

After the way Capello treated him for the world cup, Dawson should've told Capello to swivel.
For me he should have been one of the 1st on the teamsheet after his outstanding season.

City and spurs are now big rivals and sometimes things are said between fans that can be pretty nasty,but nothing to say on this but good luck and speedy recovery because that looked like a bad um.
Just hope it isn't as bad as it looked but i fear the worst for the lad.

Nice to see you lot being decent about Daws and his injury. Appreciated.

It's a blow, but it's not a catastrophe. King/Bassong and Gallas/Bassong will both be solid pairings. Kaboul was admittedly pants when played at CB before, but looked very tidy when played there against Stoke. He's improved considerably in terms of positioning which was where his weakness was - he's always had good technique and great athleticism. King/Kaboul or Gallas/Kaboul would both be okay. My only concern would be Bassong/Kaboul due to a lack of experience and leadership. You need at least one experienced CB to command the line IMO.

Cover wise King hasnt played a full season in god knows how long, his knees are a train wreck. They have Gallas, Kabul and Bassong as well though.

They have plenty of cover the best options are older and injury prone though. Arsenals defence is not the greatest the fact they were happy to release Gallas is not a huge confidence vote Wenger doesnt let good players go for nothing.

moomba said:
JimB said:
Rather ironic, surely, given that the Premier League allowed City to sign Marton Fulop on loan for the last few games of last season - despite the fact that City had fit and available goalkeepers?

Would that have been using the rule that has been in existence for years, and that Spurs have used themselves in the past (although Spurs were allowed to return a keeper on loan).

Exactly my point. City were within their rights because what they did was within the rules.

Spurs were also within their rights because what they did was also within the rules.

The story about Spurs missing the deadline for Van der Vaart, having technical difficulties and asking for special dispensation only ever appeared on SSN. And we all know how much shit they talk. They were merely speculating - just like the tabloids do. There were no quotes about this imaginary request for special dispensation.

The VdV transfer was no different to countless other transfers that have been announced late before: Arshavin, Gallas / Cole, Benjani etc etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.