Dayot Upamecano

Koulibally Upamecano Laporte

Back 3 .....can you imagine that back 3 with Walker and Mendy as wing backs ..... Rodri holding ....KDB, Sterling, Aguero Foden having fun in the final 3rd ....with Ake, Cancello, Dinho, Gundy, Bernardo, Mahrez, Jesus and Ferran to call on from the bench .....
I can.... on football manager.

But agree it would be super

Makes a lot more sense to throw money at getting this guy than KK ... If we're shelling out £70m a 21 yr old who already looks top class makes more sense than a 29 yr old...
disagree mate. if you watched the bundesliga after the covid restart, Upamecano was absolutely shocking. I mean horrid. Even got benched because he was getting torn apart...by Bundesliga opposition. Yes he looked great in the champions league against Atletico, but that was one game. Heck, John Stones looks a world beater every couple of games, even against top teams. Point is, at this point Pep can not wait around for a solid prospect (a la Stones) to develop in a couple of years and become “world class”, with no guarantee of that actually happening. He needs the finished article now in Koulibaly.

Koulibally Upamecano Laporte

Back 3 .....can you imagine that back 3 with Walker and Mendy as wing backs ..... Rodri holding ....KDB, Sterling, Aguero Foden having fun in the final 3rd ....with Ake, Cancello, Dinho, Gundy, Bernardo, Mahrez, Jesus and Ferran to call on from the bench .....
Walker doesn’t have the final ball for that, but otherwise like it, except Ake or stones with KK and laporte

This is good news. We're raising the price of Upamecano so the rags have to pay more. And we're sticking it to ADL, the cock-womble, so he'd lower Koulibaly's asking price. Win-win and hopefully we get KK in the end.

I’d be all in favour of this, but doubt it’s true.
Yep, agreed. Although seriously, if we are prepared to spend circa €75mil on KK then I’d just be pushing boat out and offering Red Bull anything up to €100mil to get this lad.

disagree mate. if you watched the bundesliga after the covid restart, Upamecano was absolutely shocking. I mean horrid. Even got benched because he was getting torn apart...by Bundesliga opposition. Yes he looked great in the champions league against Atletico, but that was one game. Heck, John Stones looks a world beater every couple of games, even against top teams. Point is, at this point Pep can not wait around for a solid prospect (a la Stones) to develop in a couple of years and become “world class”, with no guarantee of that actually happening. He needs the finished article now in Koulibaly.

Was Koulibaly good after restart? Big fat no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.