Days out with the kids..................(ideas please)

Took the kids to the New playfactor yesterday.....its another part of the chillfactor building,a bit pricey at £8 per child but we used an email discount voucher. If you go I would recommend the lazer quest in there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.playfactore.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.playfactore.com/</a>

bluesteve1964 said:
talkativesprout said:
http://www.bluejohn-cavern.co.uk/

Blue John mine is interesting. Went years ago did the tour and at one point they turn the lights off to give you a real idea of what pitch darkness really is

Castleton and the Peak District are a great shout. There are several caves in Castleton including the Speedwell Cavern that you travel down in boats. Also the castle up above the village. Loads of nice walks and few pubs too.

Good thread. A great shout indeed. I go to Castleton / Edale about once a week. Some great scenery (and I used to live up in the lakes). Takes about an hour in the car for me (I live near Northwich now), be even less for you Mancs!

Another one is camping at the National Trust campsite in Wasdale. Scafell as the backdrop, nearby pub, great facilities. About 2.5 hours by car but well worth it if you have a free weekend.

Will be trying those places in the Yorkshire Dales that someone posted. Cheers for that.

leighton said:
I know it might not be your thing but Horse racing a lot of places are doing a family day out and it is now in some places set up as a family venue. I went to a night meeting at Leopardstown with my brother his wife and 2 sons 1 is 12 the other 17 on the night there was a fun fair type and after the racing a music act the young lad loved as did the rest of us. The power of the horses and the speed is something else to see. Also most places will let kids in for little or nothing.
good shout,i took my kids n nieces to haydock park last year and they all loved it,had a couple of quid on the races and the kids helped out in picking which horses they thought would win,none of them had ever been before but all had a great time doing something different

Bigg Bigg Blue said:
The Chestnut Center just off the A6 is a good place if you like wildlife.

this is quite close to CHINLEY you know.i believe they have an annual games event which could be nice for the wee ones.

you could get your kids to make some flags/banners,and as you drive through the area,any flags you see,stop,and get the kids to drape theirs half over the local flags.

My neighbour just took his 7 Year-old son to Download festival. I didn't know whether to laugh or call social services.

Best not venture too far from Stockport (whose Hat museum and airaid shelters are great), so recommend the Goyt Valley Millennium Walkway in New Mills - great walks near the mills and a good place to kick a football.

My boys also enjoy Boggart Hole Clough in Blackley, but dangerously close to Salford.

The beaches on the wirral are fantastic, and the walks out to the Hilbre Islands are worth 3 hours.

Oh sorry, forgot you said summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.