De Bruyne kicking a ball again

He got a great reception yesterday, before, during and after. His movement was class throughout, his judgment in terms of where and when to pass was superb, and that ability to pick the ball up and run straight down the pitch changed the whole dynamic from recent matches when he's been out injured. And a word on his technique. He twice hit near enough inch perfect side foot volleys that never rose more than about 12 inches above the turf, something that anyone who's ever played the game will tell you is just about the most difficult finish in the book. A great return

I was delighted when we signed him, having seen what he'd done for Wolfsburg. He's an even better player than I realised though, and it's exciting to think how Guardiola will improve him further. Chelsea must be kicking themselves for letting him leave.

I was delighted when we signed him, having seen what he'd done for Wolfsburg. He's an even better player than I realised though, and it's exciting to think how Guardiola will improve him further. Chelsea must be kicking themselves for letting him leave.

Agreed ric! If we can get pogba, gundogan and Isco in imagine the carnage with de Bruyne, silva and aguero!!!!

He got a great reception yesterday, before, during and after. His movement was class throughout, his judgment in terms of where and when to pass was superb, and that ability to pick the ball up and run straight down the pitch changed the whole dynamic from recent matches when he's been out injured. And a word on his technique. He twice hit near enough inch perfect side foot volleys that never rose more than about 12 inches above the turf, something that anyone who's ever played the game will tell you is just about the most difficult finish in the book. A great return

The volley that the keeper pushed out was unreal, technique was superb, the way he swept the ball in for the goal shows the control he has of the ball. The whole team looked pleased to see him back particularly Aguero. Let's hope Kevin can help us get that fourth place spot.

I've only seen highlights of the game (you won't approve: took family to Brum to see Muse) but that was enough to see what a difference he made. You mention a coup,e of things that have given me great hope since his first appearance for us: he has real vision and the technique to match it. Those two volleys were prime examples of the ability he has: as you rightly point out, to control two shots like that in a game is exceptional.

If he responds to Pep, there's no telling just how good he can be for us. His first challenge, for me, remains to rid his game of sloppy simple passes; which, for obvious reasons, I think is all about concentration rather than any lack of skill. What will define whether KDB becomes a great player or not, will be his mentality.

Agreed ric! If we can get pogba, gundogan and Isco in imagine the carnage with de Bruyne, silva and aguero!!!!

If we were to end up fielding a team containing those six players or one with Kroos instead of Isco or Silva, I think we might start to see teams actually bricking it at the idea of facing us. For all our ability, we have never consistenly instilled fear in our opponents; that sort of line-up under Pep might do the job. However, it is going to get tougher because of the money that even the poorest of Premier League teams will have.

I've only seen highlights of the game (you won't approve: took family to Brum to see Muse) but that was enough to see what a difference he made. You mention a coup,e of things that have given me great hope since his first appearance for us: he has real vision and the technique to match it. Those two volleys were prime examples of the ability he has: as you rightly point out, to control two shots like that in a game is exceptional.

If he responds to Pep, there's no telling just how good he can be for us. His first challenge, for me, remains to rid his game of sloppy simple passes; which, for obvious reasons, I think is all about concentration rather than any lack of skill. What will define whether KDB becomes a great player or not, will be his mentality.

Agreed. This is the only bad habit I wish he could curb.

been saying since he stepped into the team in that explosive debut at palace that his technique is world class. prev mentioned his ability to run quick and direct with the ball always under very close control..looks easy but only top players have it, and his energy levels seem high..coupled with touch vision and control,kdb is a force to be reckoned with.the whole of germany and belguim know this already..even MOTD were forced to mention it last night.as ive said before, the best player, for the best international team in the world.now he is playing centrally the full range of his high level football brain is on show.
a fantastic player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.