De Bruyne out for 10 weeks

I think we can cope. I'd rather have him available of course, but away from home he's not been effective and at home I think we are capable of winning without him. Not knocking him or anything, but I don't think losing De Bruyne has the same impact as losing Kompany, Aguero, Silva etc. Trying to be positive :)
Aguero? No. Silva and Kompany? Just as much.

We're screwed. Ten weeks from now is Chelsea at home. Looks like he'll miss villa this weekend, Sunderland away next,Leicester next, spurs, 5th round maybe, both UCL ties, cup final, Liverpool away, villa at home, Norwich away, the derby, quarter final of the cup if we make it, Bournemouth away, west brom away and maybe chelsea at home. RIP season. Silva is off form, lets hope that Nasri is soon back from injury or we can kiss goodbye to any silverware this season bar the league cup.

Just hang on before you ring the Samaritans mate. Interesting article in the Telegraph today;

Our win percentage with De Bruyne in the side = 41%

Our win percentage without De Bruyne in the side = 100%

I hope he comes back soon, but I'm sure we'll be absolutely fine.

Just watched the clip of KDB being brought down deliberately...... what a twat
Why wasn't that a foul? The Everton thug got him from behind and he fell awkwardly on his knee. I shudder whenever we play that bunch of thugs knowing that one of our key players will get injured.

Just hang on before you ring the Samaritans mate. Interesting article in the Telegraph today;

DeBruyne played almost every game. That 100% must be for max of 6 to 7 games compared to 27 or so games with KDB.
It's a very deceiving stat and I'm not going to feel positive with stupid stats.

Perhaps that's because we were limited for most of the games with DeBryune. The 100% refers to the first 5 games when we were humming. But even then, the fisures were apparent by the time we struggled against CP, and needed a last minute Kelechi winner to pull it out.

This, when this player plays vs whwn he doesn't, are so useless its annoying TV talking heads use them. It lacks context.

I.E we hadn't played any strong team at that point (barring Chelsea: who turned out to be in a funk during that period). It ignores the loss of other players, other players out of form, and the natural bedding period for any new player.

Can, we win without him? Sure. Are we severely limited by this injury. You better believe it.

If we didn't have Kev this season, at best We'd be playing Barca in the next round or Real. And we'd be out of the Cup final. Not to mention a few good points behind the Whiners and Leicester.

Ignore silly stats that tell you absolutely nothing. That stat up there is as good as saying: City in the last year has won some games and lost some games-i.E it tells us nothing relevant.

But then again, I could be wrong :)

Perhaps that's because we were limited for most of the games with DeBryune. The 100% refers to the first 5 games when we were humming. But even then, the fisures were apparent by the time we struggled against CP, and needed a last minute Kelechi winner to pull it out.

This, when this player plays vs whwn he doesn't, are so useless its annoying TV talking heads use them. It lacks context.

I.E we hadn't played any strong team at that point (barring Chelsea: who turned out to be in a funk during that period). It ignores the loss of other players, other players out of form, and the natural bedding period for any new player.

Can, we win without him? Sure. Are we severely limited by this injury. You better believe it.

If we didn't have Kev this season, at best We'd be playing Barca in the next round or Real. And we'd be out of the Cup final. Not to mention a few good points behind the Whiners and Leicester.

Ignore silly stats that tell you absolutely nothing. That stat up there is as good as saying: City in the last year has won some games and lost some games-i.E it tells us nothing relevant.

But then again, I could be wrong :)

I think you're reading in to my post a bit too deeply! I'm fully aware of the limitations of the stats, my post was meant to be light hearted to the previous poster as they seemed to be panicing that we couldn't win a game without him.

We're going to miss him for sure, he was sensational on Wednesday night. We hit the post twice and created loads of chances without him though, I've got no doubt we still would have gone through without him, we played really well.

I think you're reading in to my post a bit too deeply! I'm fully aware of the limitations of the stats, my post was meant to be light hearted to the previous poster as they seemed to be panicing that we couldn't win a game without him.

We're going to miss him for sure, he was sensational on Wednesday night. We hit the post twice and created loads of chances without him though, I've got no doubt we still would have gone through without him, we played really well.
Don't know if we'd have gone through. But yeah, I was really just venting in general, not necessarily at you. I've seen talking heads use those stats to make one claim or the other and it does my head in.

That said, I agree we are not doomed. So long as Aguero and Spanish D stay fit. I think we are about to go on a run.

Don't know if we'd have gone through. But yeah, I was really just venting in general, not necessarily at you. I've seen talking heads use those stats to make one claim or the other and it does my head in.

That said, I agree we are not doomed. So long as Aguero and Spanish D stay fit. I think we are about to go on a run.

Don't get me wrong mate, he was the match winner on Wednesday, he turned up when it mattered and did the business like so many times before.

But it's not like we'd been shite and created no chances before that. Particularly in the second half we were finding gaps and getting in behind them, it was a matter of time before we scored. Perhaps it would have gone to extra time, but I was confident the whole second half that we were going to win the tie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.