De Bruyne out for 10 weeks

We're reliant on a bit of good luck now (or rather no bad luck). IF Silva and Aguero stay fit and we get Kompany back in say a month or so, and he stays fit, then the Hart > Kompany > Silva > Aguero spine (with Toure chipping in for 45 minutes here and there) is MORE than enough to win the league. Europe is another challenge altogether obviously.

When they say 10 weeks, is that until available to play or until able to train?
Good question. Seems a rather arbitrary time-scale. I am optimistic that it is a 'worse case scenario' assessment. Hopefully back for the CL QF if we make it. Hopefully, this set back will be offset by the imminent return of Kompany.

Good question. Seems a rather arbitrary time-scale. I am optimistic that it is a 'worse case scenario' assessment. Hopefully back for the CL QF if we make it. Hopefully, this set back will be offset by the imminent return of Kompany.

I think they always give the longest it has taken in their experience for this kind of injury. I wouldn't be surprised if it's six or seven.

The only player we can't miss is Kun. We have a decent team and subs and we should do ok without Kev. I'm just going to miss he's crazy passes :-)

You wanna try being a arsenal fan and dealing with our injuries...

We have had far more injuries but thankfully they are all coming back bang on time
Yeah, us City fans never have to put up with key players being out injured, we're truly blessed

The key miss for me is in the Champions League matches - he made a difference and is really suited to the euro games. Also with a fully firing Sergio there is no doubt we will miss the quality of early balls he plays - just like his cross on Wednesday. Hope he recovers quicker than anticipated, our medical team don't seem to have a good record on that front.

We're certainly going to miss him mate as he offers us something completely different from the rest of the squad, as he showed on Wednesday night.

Personally I hope he takes as long as necessary, longer if need be. Knee ligaments are a very serious injury, if you rush back too soon you can ruin your whole career, look at Falcao.

Kev's long term health is the most important thing, even more important than City winning trophies this year. I hope we cope without out and carry on winning games, but him getting back fully recovered and healthy is the most important thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.