De Bruyne?

If they had really rejected our £47m bid then surely this would be plastered all over their official site. Same as any contract he signs with them.

I think they are playing games to save face with the fans when he ultimately makes the move.

Contrasting statements coming out of Germany all the time.

If nothing else this should challenge the notion that once the player and the agent say they want to come the rest is easy.

Months of negotiation with the player mean nothing if the selling club just say "no" and the departing player doesn't want to upset anyone.

It doesn't help when the club you are dealing with are run by total muppets who say one thing one minute and another the next. My guess is that KDB thought that Wolfsburg would snap our hands off at £40 mill plus and, now they haven't (seemingly) he doesn't want to leave under a cloud. Wolfsburg then translate this as he doesn't want to go for the masses. He obviously wants to come but isn't prepared to say so. Exactly the problem Ric said we had weeks ago.

Not so much bottling it but a situation misjudged perhaps?

Very much hope I'm wrong and, if I'm not, that there is a way around it.

Last edited:
What's the betting that when the Dzeko deal gets done this one will go through at the same time. Probably the thing that Tolm said was holding the transfer up.

See this is where I get confused. We've already moved Jovetic out, so wouldn't this already create a space? How would we have to move two players out, to get one in? Am I having a huge brain fart, and completely missing something here? ;)

What's the betting that when the Dzeko deal gets done this one will go through at the same time. Probably the thing that Tolm said was holding the transfer up.
Just seems very likely to me. Also, we have a game tonight. We don't want any of this prior to it.

But if it's true Roma can't sign Dzeko due to squad restrictions it seems likely we can't do anything definite until he's gone, for the same reason.

If nothing else this should challenge the notion that once the player and the agent say they want to come the rest is easy.

Months of negotiation with the player means nothing if the selling club just says no and the departing player doesn't want to upset anyone.

It doesn't help when the club you are dealing with are run by total muppets who say one thing one minute and another the next. My guess is that KDB thought that Wolfsburg would snap our hands off at £40 mill plus and, now they haven't (seemingly) he doesn't want to leave under a cloud.

Very much hope I'm wrong.

Months of negotiation with the player means nothing if the selling club just says no and the departing player doesn't want to upset anyone.

It doesn't help when the club you are dealing with are run by total muppets who say one thing one minute and another the next. My guess is that KDB thought that Wolfsburg would snap our hands off at £40 mill plus and, now they haven't (seemingly) he doesn't want to leave under a cloud.

Very much hope I'm wrong.
If he's having doubts about coming to us and wants to stay as a big fish at Wolfsburg then I don't want him here, I want players like Sterling who fought tooth and nail to leave Liverpool and made it be known MCFC was his preferred club, we have signed enough half arsed players down the years I don't want another

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.