De Bruyne?

what do you think they're doing?
Stalling to make it look as difficult a decision for them, and as awkward a process for us, as possible. They are trying to progress with a project and though £47m for De Bruyne is too good for them to turn down they don't want to make look like it is, and consequently for future buying clubs to think it's easy to swoop in and take their best players in the future.

Similarly now there's an acceptable offer on the table they'll want this done before this weekend.

We don't need to rely on hope.
Why the fuck should any of our targets put in transfer requests?
Each respective club goes out of their way to shake down City for an outrageous price, the outgoing player knows he deserves his cut.
Look Tolmie, I appreciate that when Ric says that yesterday he asked for a move this didn't necessarily mean that he has to put in a transfer request to do so.
BUT - the signs are so Isco/Hazard/Sanchez like that I am struggling to maintain my relentless optimism for our prospects in this window. I am no stranger to my relentless optimism being crushed in previous windows. Three to be precise.

Last edited:
There's no point just buying a player to make up the numbers, that's why we shifted on Garcia, and now Fernando looks to be another who can't cut the mustard.
KDB has been identified as someone who can provide what we need at the highest level, I believe we will get him, or do all we can bar kidnapping him, to make him a City player, if we must pay a premium, then so be it, as others have said, it's not our money, if there are funds there to make the deal, I believe we will eventually make them an offer they can't refuse.....!

Based on those quotes I just think this is dicking about over a loyalty clause. If he hands in a transfer request he and his agent probably sacrifice millions. If all it takes is waiting two weeks to force Wolfsburg's hand then they'll try it.

I have to say, echoing many others, I'm sick of all the bullshit circus that surrounds transfers. There are so many of the same themes in every one.

"Not for sale" = "It will cost you"
"Derisory offer" = "Make me two more gradually bigger offers and I'll say yes"
"Rejected the offer, he is not for sale at any price" = "Almost there"
"We won't sell unless he hands in a transfer request" = "We want to sell at that price but we don't want to give the player a cut. Also, we are scared of our fans"
"Happy here, not handing in a transfer request" = "I'm not giving up my bonus",
"Handing in a transfer request" = "My hand has been forced so I will make my position indefensible"
"A great project" = "A shit load of money"

And my personal favourite

"Didn't get a birthday cake" = "I want to whore myself out for one last big payday then come crawling back when I have no better offers. My agent is a moron."

Stalling to make it look as difficult a decision for them, and as awkward a process for us, as possible. They are trying to progress with a project and though £47m for De Bruyne is too good for them to turn down they don't want to make look like it is, and consequently for future buying clubs to think it's easy to swoop in and take their best players in the future.

Similarly now there's an acceptable offer on the table they'll want this done before this weekend.
Would definitely make a lot of sense. In fact, it feels like that's been their strategy the whole window: Make us look as bad as possible and try and to save face and look as if they've had their hands tied wherever they can.

Hopefully you're right and this doesn't become another Isco situation.

I just think with this deal there will come a stage were the club will have to say to KDB and his agent we have a time frame to get the deal done and if there is no movement by then we will have to move onto 1 of our other targets. KDBs value is huge makes me think why KDB has not done more to push this deal through. Maybe it could be anything but his only season in England was shit for him maybe he has reservations about moving back to England so quickly. I honestly think this deal wont go through this season and he will stay there for 1 more year.

I agree and it seems that the cards are all stacked in KDB favour. He knows that even if he stayed for another year at Wolfsburg he can pretty much choose what ever club he fancies. The longer this drags on the more it will cost us in the long run as other targets will already be snapped up. This has been going on for far too long now and we are possibly at the same stage we were 4 weeks ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.