De Bruyne?

No idea if this is true or Wolfsburg leaking this.

If Paris are back at the table, we have a BIG problem.

KDB has some personal family issues and was very much leaning towards PSG before they signed Di Maria.

I suspect one last bullshit leak from Allofs.

More than likely TH. Despite them lot losing money, PSG still had to fork £44m and I have my doubts they are going to do the same with De Bruyne as well.

No idea if this is true or Wolfsburg leaking this.

If Paris are back at the table, we have a BIG problem.

KDB has some personal family issues and was very much leaning towards PSG before they signed Di Maria.

I suspect one last bullshit leak from Allofs.

Looks like we're doing all we can on this (despite the neysayers) would love a Sunday announcement, still feel we're strong enough if it doesn't happen though.

I though his release clause was 50 million and if we bid that he can go if he wants to,or is this wrong?

I am demanding nothing and where we are and what we have won in the last few years was and is beyond my wildest dreams prior to the takeover.These days we are not the club who signed players like Corradi [shivers] but a major player that probably only the glamour and that dreaded word, history, of Real,Barca and Bayern will maybe pip us to signing top players these days.

When we were shit and in debt don't tell me one Blue didn't look at the rags,the dippers,Arsenal and Chelsea with envious eyes and wish it was us competing and winning things,not one.Sure we could claim we were loyal and sing ''34 years and we're still here!'' which was something to be proud of,but i would still rather be where we are now.

Expectation in football as in life rises when your circumstances change.Ten years ago we would have been happy with Charlie Adams and Peter Crouch now we have Aguero and are talking about buying Pogba and De Bruyne.The expectation this transfer window has been fuelled by the chairman saying we were in the market for some top,top players and the rumour that we were going to spend up to 150 million.That my friend is a fact of life,like it or not.

The sense of entitlement some speak about isn't new,it was there in the days when we were shit and used to fight one another when we got beat by what we perceived to be a lesser side than us, because we were ''Manchester City'', forgetting we might have been a top club in the past but our first eleven on the pitch was now sub standard.

Now the more success we have and the better players we sign and produce is only going to raise the bar even higher,rightly so.If we stand still we fail,as we did after our first title win when we had a chance to crack on and dominate for years but slipped behind again due to signing sub standard players.

There are plenty of people on here,a lot long term Blues who say the same,we have to lose this ''Little City'' mentality and we do.I still get nervous when we are 2-0 up and coasting a game with 5 minutes to go such was our practise of throwing games away we had sewn up so many times in the past,you can't erase those memories.

As us older Blues die and are replaced by fans who never knew these hard times i am afraid we will probably become more like the rags and the other clubs we used to mock and hate.We already have the day trippers at the champions league and top premier league games and that will only increase if we remain successful.I hope it doesn't happen and we retain our unique sense of dark humour but that was forged through adversity not success i am afraid.

These are exciting times,nobody is becoming too demanding or getting big headed but our expectations now are higher than they were and rightly so.

I have no problem with any of that & as far as I can see, we have been signing better players & are continuing to do so. I'm all for spending money on top players.

It's the suggestion that because the Sheikh is loaded, we should expect City to pay over the odds, because he can afford it, that I was arguing against.

If the Sheikh & the club ae happy to pay out 300 mil, inside the budget, I don't give a fuck, great. But we have no right to expect the Sheikh to fund it if we are short, & he can't do anyway, because of ffp.

Even if he is allowed to in the future, I don't want to see a day where City fans are demanding he puts his hand in his pocket 'because we just need to pay that bit extra'.

It feels to me like that attitude is creeping in here & there & that isn't what City are about imo, & if it becomes like that, I don't want it.

If he wants to spend extra then fine, but no way should anyone ever expect it as our entitlement.

Just been told City submitted a new bid of £50m this afternoon.
y7VBGb.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.