De Bruyne?

@Ric you mentioned we might be lowering our compensation to KDB - maybe a lower signing on fee because he didn't submit an official transfer request and therefore keeps his loyalty bonus?

That would be over €70,000,000. They would be able to buy 3 good players for that. If Allofs is stupid enough to want to sell to Bayern he won't be getting any thing like that fee. They've just signed Vidal for €35m, they'd probably want De Bruyne for €20m.

I doubt he actually has any intention or desire of selling to Bayern but using their name increases their hand when dealing with us and squeezing as much as they can from us.

I think there's a lot wishful thinking about good intentions and of the player wanting to come to City that much and also people wanting us to sign him so bad they are in some sort of denial about whats really happening(some interpretations are quite bizarre to me).

Just some of the things people seem to be ignoring are:

Not only is he not putting in a transfer request to help speed things along(some people clinging the idea that it's because of a bonus, when he's due a nice signing on fee and improved contract anyway.. wouldnt be a good sign even if true imo), he hasn't even said he likes City never mind that wants to come and play for us(no positive messages at all just some vague over done press talk that everyone rolls out when asked about moving clubs). In fact Hecking has again said the player doesn't want to leave in a press conference today.

Wolfsburg want a better deal, yet they have shown very little respect towards us, in fact it could be said they have taken thinly veiled snipes at us in the media, yet we still have people talking about us just being respectful to their club in the way we are letting this drag on.

I could go on... people defending the fee because of the one time player of the year award, this is the first time he's managed it and people are trying to justify it by comparing him to Messi, Ronaldo and Bale. £47m-50m fair enough you can sort of go in some way to justify that after a great season, beyond that... you're avin a laugh. Or people trying to make out it doesn't matter when the clubs name is dragged through the dirt in the press. Just as long as we get the players in everyone will respect us they say to themselves, I for one don't want the club seen as a Real Madrid wannabe.

Might be a negative post but this has been even worse than the Sterling transfer which was bad enough on its own and the press are still going on about that, I've never known a transfer window like this, it's supposed to be a time for optimism but it's been marred by frustration and tediousness.

Get back in your box

On a plane, in the locality, in the stand and hopefully in a City shirt very shortly after.

200.gif

When Wolfsburg go out looking for a replacement, they might get treated the same way. With the selling club asking for more money than estimated, because they know the money they got from us. Look at Liverpool, £32m+ for Benteke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.