De Bruyne?

If KDB deal finally collapses for whatever reason ........ I anticipate deadline bid for Barkley
giphy.gif

Why on earth would you think that?
You honestly think that all the groundwork that's been put in so far will just be fucked off and we'll walk away?
Get a grip.
The end result of this transfer will see us having the best front four in the country and up with the best in Europe. Just because it's not being done at the speed the bluemoon soft arses want it done isn't reason to walk away.
This place has some proper weirdos when it comes to City. Stick to football manager.

I don't want us to walk away, no chance. Think he's getting carried away.

We've made our bed, now we have to lie in it. De Bruyne is a key signing, have to get him.

I just think we could've been in a more comfortable position if we'd approached the Sterling deal differently. Maybe I'm wrong, just my interpretation.

They're missing the point.

It isn't about appeasing whining blues on the Internet, it's about being hard nosed negotiators and ultimately being prepared to walk away from a deal.

When we were the only club at the table for Sterling, and we held all the cards (Sterling's relationship with Liverpool and their fans was at an all time low, wanted out, contract two years remaining and refused to renew), and we still paid their inflated asking price after more than a month of posturing - that made us look a soft touch.

That set a precedent that Wolfsburg took obvious notice of, and can now be evidenced by them moving the goalposts with an asking price. The thing that really hurt us with the Sterling negotiations was the reported 'take it or leave it' bid which was followed up with two increased bids after a fortnight of no movement after Liverpool rejected it outright.

We showed that we can be brought back to the table, and can be squeezed for all we're worth.

Now I don't care about how much we pay at the end of the day, but I do care that how much we pay can effect our ability to acquire other targets because other clubs will then see us as a soft touch and our budget won't accomodate buying clubs' demands.

I'd like to see us utilise the darker arts that the likes of Real and Barca do in forcing a buying club to part with a prized player.

I'm delighted we signed Sterling, my initial post was just expressing scepticism about Txiki's work on these deals, for which I've since come in for a lot of flak.

Coupled with us being taken over a barrel with Jovetic and Dzeko, then I think it's fair to express criticism.

We're all speculating, none of us are privy to all the facts and the negotiations, I've given my reasons for the scepticism. I'd welcome a discussion rather than personal attacks from other blues and mods.
So you'd have walked away from Sterling and KDB and we'd have a weaker squad this season. And we'd also still need an English first teamer.

Oh excellent. Glad you're not in charge.

Ps, we used the dark arts, that's why we were the only team bidding as I stated, we don't yet have their lure though. And FWIW, there was never a "take it or leave it bid", that exists only in the minds of football reporters and the Mirror reading fans.

Well considering that, you really seem to have a downer on our club.
I understand what you're saying and I think he's just a bit old skool.
On one hand I want us to say to wolfsburg name your price and on the other hand I don't want clubs to take our pants down.
It's obviously complicated but we'll have enough imho.
I see some posters flapping and getting worried..why??
Maureen calling one of his staff a daughter of a whore and then banning them from the dugout.....no that'd get me flapping and leave me worried. ...I'd think our manager was cracking up if that happened.

And in respect to us not getting much for Dzeko and Jovetic. That other club couldn't get much for RVP and Nani comparable to the fees they got and where they are at in their career with the players we let go.

I remember earlier it was said we were prepared to break our record again to land KDB, looks like it's just down to by how much.

I understand what you're saying and I think he's just a bit old skool.
On one hand I want us to say to wolfsburg name your price and on the other hand I don't want clubs to take our pants down.
It's obviously complicated but we'll have enough imho.
I see some posters flapping and getting worried..why??
Maureen calling one of his staff a daughter of a whore and then banning them from the dugout.....no that'd get me flapping and leave me worried. ...I'd think our manager was cracking up if that happened.
They named their price, with the proviso that "if the player wants to leave, he can", but they were talking from a point of view meaning "this is our price IF KDB hands in a transfer request".

He's done the middle option and said he wants to go to City but won't surrender his transfer fee.

So they upped their price. As I say, I expect a deal to be done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.