De Bruyne?

They've got something we want and they really don't want or need to sell. You can be the best negotiator in the world and they won't sell until we meet their asking price. We can't say this is our final offer take it or leave it because they'll leave it.

They've got something we want and they really don't want or need to sell. You can be the best negotiator in the world and they won't sell until we meet their asking price. We can't say this is our final offer take it or leave it because they'll leave it.

Precisely.

And for RDOG to want us to start using the "dark arts" of transfer negotiations like the Real Madrids of this world use. WE ARE.

We are going for players we want and that the other clubs do not want to sell once we know the player is open to the move.

Madrid use this tactic and then pay world record fees to get the player.

Tend to agree mate, and the player appears to not want to massage it along

Didn't say I'd walk away, I was just disappointed that Liverpool seemed to hold all the cards in spite of us being in the much stronger position.

As I've said earlier, there were no other clubs at the table for Sterling at the prices being quoted, we were the only club willing to meet those figures. How can you be sure how much was the transfer fee deterring other clubs, and how much was a solid agreement with us - unless you're Aidy Ward?

And as I've said, if we did have a solid agreement with Sterling, and he only had eyes for us, then that makes us an even softer touch for eventually paying Liverpool's inflated asking price in full.

I understand the point that maybe we felt it was just worth stumping it up, and not letting it drag on, but I think it's put us in a weaker position trying to negotiate De Bruyne's fee.

How can you be so sure re the 'take it or leave it' bid? It was widely reported by the press, we're all speculating here, unless you're not?
I'm not speculating I don't think.

And whilst you may think we over paid, I would (and this IS where I am speculating) suggest that City got Sterling for less than they thought they might.

(Back to non speculating) when City first enquires about Sterling, we were told he was not for sale at any price in December last year (Pellegrini possibly went off the hymn sheet with his "Sterling would cost £100m" quote), and that's where Txiki did his work. For Liverpool, it wasn't just about money, but about not wanting to look like soft touch selling club to local rival (in theirs and their fans eyes).

Who issued this ultimatum? Was it on the OS? Did we hold press conference about it ? OR Was it the Sun or the Mirror? I did not read any quotes. Or do you have no idea ?

You said yourself a couple of posts ago that, "We're all speculating, none of us are privy to all the facts and the negotiations." Yet you post as though you have the inside track.

I think you're just wumming.

I'm not posting as if I have the inside track, of course the proviso that we're speculating applies to my points also, kinda my point mate.

This is all my interpretation of the events based on what little actual verifiable factual evidence we have, most people having a pop at me are in exactly the same place just coming from a different perspective.

Save it with the accusations of wumming as well, another default jibe aimed at anyone who has a contrary opinion.

Precisely.

And for RDOG to want us to start using the "dark arts" of transfer negotiations like the Real Madrids of this world use. WE ARE.

We are going for players we want and that the other clubs do not want to sell once we know the player is open to the move.

Madrid use this tactic and then pay world record fees to get the player.
Very good point on your last line.

I'm not posting as if I have the inside track, of course the proviso that we're speculating applies to my points also, kinda my point mate.

This is all my interpretation of the events based on what little actual verifiable factual evidence we have, most people having a pop at me are in exactly the same place just coming from a different perspective.

Save it with the accusations of wumming as well, another default jibe aimed at anyone who has a contrary opinion.

So what are these dark arts you want us to start using.

Madrid have turned players heads who are at clubs that do not want to sell and have had to pay world record fees for them.

Amongst all your negativity and demeaning of our transfer team I have seen little if any suggestion from you about what we should have done differently.

....often selling at a loss when it doesn't work out quite right, or they no longer want the player, the tactics are pretty well identical, for now, but one day (soon) we'll be producing our own, and we won't need this tactic any longer.

I have no problem with us using these tactics. It is just that RDOG suggested we started using the dark arts like Real Madrid do. I was pointing out that we are and that this does not lead to then getting a player for peanuts.

As for the academy I have great hopes for it as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.