De Bruyne?

Haha are we to believe that senior officials just answered the phone to a poxy journo?

It's pretty naive to think that Simon Mullock doesn't have Vicky Kloss and Simon Heggie's mobile numbers. Whether or not they gave him an honest response is another matter.

It's pretty naive to think that Simon Mullock doesn't have Vicky Kloss and Simon Heggie's mobile numbers. Whether or not they gave him an honest response is another matter.

Would VK even be in the loop in that scenario?

Yes, if that's what it takes.

See this is the problem I have though, let's say we paid £57m for De Bruyne, then what would Juve quote us for Pogba?

£80m? A world record fee?

That's my only consideration - the budget. How paying over the odds sets a precedence which can lead to other clubs taking the piss - thus us missing out on a target because our budget won't accomodate the inflated fees.

See this is the problem I have though, let's say we paid £57m for De Bruyne, then what would Juve then quote us for Pogba?

£80m? A world record fee?

That's my only consideration - the budget. How paying over the odds sets a precedence which can lead to other clubs taking the piss - thus us missing out on a target because our budget won't accomodate the inflated fees.

Juventus are doing that regardless, so I don't think it really matters.

Bale - £85m

James Rodriguez - £63m

Angel Di Maria - £59.7m

De Bruyne at £57m or lower would be a great transfer. His last season was every bit as impressive as the one that got Bale his move, and he's the same age. He's done more than James Rodriguez and is a year older, but maybe doesn't have the marketability.

His age means a lot as well. Unlike an older signing, he'll still have a high resale value if things go bad, it means if things go well we get to keep him for 6 or 7 years, it means he can still improve.

Also, for people who wanted Pogba as a statement signing, De Bruyne is turning into one as well. Wolfsburg determined not to sell, Bayern and the whole of Germany seemingly trying to make him stay so they can get him later... signing him now would be a statement.

Not to mention there's not really anyone else even remotely available who is a better player or a better fit.

It ain't my money, but the prices are getting to piss take levels now and its whether the club thinks we can be more effective with the money else where buying others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.