De Bruyne?

Here's the simple way to assess the deal:

Is there any other player we could sign who would do more to improve the squad who we could get for 50 mill pounds?

If yes, then this is a bad deal. If the answer is no, well then you just told me that he was worth it. Because there's nobody else out there who is cheaper.

Real, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Inter (who were also in for him) could have afforded him. In his biography he says he was impressed with Mancini and City's desire to land him.

Yes he'd done brilliantly well at Atletico, but lots of forwards have done well with Spanish clubs and flopped elsewhere. Since joining us, he's repeated (and bettered his record) and his status has skyrocketed. I seems like a bargain now, but then it was still a pretty big signing with fingers crossed that he could cut it in the PL. Thankfully he did.
Soldado had a higher scoring ratio than Aguero, and he didn't work out so well. I wouldn't like to say we got 'lucky' with Aguero, but I would say it panned out bloody well, and arguably better than anybody imagined.
Always like your responses mate,I'm just glad he chose to come to us what we know now what a fantastic player and charming man he is.

I'm sure some of those who don't think he is worth circa £50m will be amongst the first to berate Begiristain if we don't get the deal done.

It's all very well saying he's only worth £35m, as long as you accept that Wolfsburg will never sell at that price. You can't have it both ways.

I ask those who always wonder what we think he's worth. If he had those stats with us already or stats that had him win POTY but was ready to leave for maybe a Bayern Madrid or Barca, how much would you want for him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.