De Bruyne?

They don't won't to sell him, so they ask a high price to justify it, they get that price and everyone is appeased, you've also got to remember that whoever they replace him with will also come at a premium due to the fact the football community will be fully aware of the large lump deposited in their bank.

I Just wonder, at the start of our chase,how many would have picked KDB as worth 47 million or more. Honestly I would have expected to pay 30-35 million. He's a great player and I really want him but I'd want City to walk at double that and spend the money elsewhere. I'm getting the impression people think that because it's not their money 90 million is ok. Those same people will complain when we can't spend a similar amount on another player.

Considering we paid 38m for Ferna and 32m for Mangala, 30-35m is a very low estimate for the Bundesliga POTY.

Ok,so who would YOU buy if we walk away from this deal??

No idea but I'd have a limit on what I would like City to pay. I think he is worth £40 million tops and I would want City to walk if it got much above £50 million because the next player we went for, who might not be as good, could well cost the same amount.

The days of just paying it are gone we are supposed to be sustainable in my opinion
N.

It isn't our money so stop worrying has got nothing to do with anything. It's a stock answer that assumes we have no budget and do not care that some of the money paid may mean we miss out on another player and don't have as good a squad as we might have had.

Let's take City out of it to avoid blue spectacles.

What do you think he is worth?
We budgeted for Pogba, Sterling and KDB.

No pogba alternative will cost even 2/3 of what we were prepared to pay for him.

If city pay 57m then he's worth that.

Fernandinho was £30m.

I stand corrected, how much was deducted with his loyalty fee? £4-5m? Not saying we paid £34-35m but that's what he was valued at. The point being that anyone who thought KDB would have cost £30-35m hasn't paid attention to the current state of transfer fees

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.