De Bruyne?

I don't think cobwebcat has been disrespectful or childish.

He's just suggested that if the ITK's sources keep thinking its close, and then a week later we are still there, it does suggest the sources themselves, and thus the club, don't have a firm grip on how close the deal is or isn't. A pretty fair question actually.

Easily explained by the backwards one step forwards two step nature that these big transfers seem to have, but not an unfair question.

To be honest worse than people disrespecting ITK posters is the bunch of people who go around condemning and insulting anyone who dare asks a question.

To be fair, I don't think anyone was suggesting that cobwebcat was being disrespectful or childish. It tends to be certain other posters who do that.

It's a valid point he raises, as you say. I think the club thought it would've been concluded sooner than it has, but it seems like Wolfsburg are shifting the goalposts a bit to get the maximum fee possible. That's their prerogative I guess.

I very much doubt we'll ever find that out.

I'm starting to think that Wolfsburg want this to play out till deadline day (whilst standing their ground on their valuation) to obtain the max from us at the 12th hour.
It's a really tough one to call imho! We don't want to miss an outstanding talent who'll be a superstar with us for the foreseeable (see Hazard!)
And I'm sure they wouldn't get what we're willing to pay now in this window off Bayern in the future?

To be fair, I don't think anyone was suggesting that cobwebcat was being disrespectful or childish. It tends to be certain other posters who do that.

It's a valid point he raises, as you say. I think the club thought it would've been concluded sooner than it has, but it seems like Wolfsburg are shifting the goalposts a bit to get the maximum fee possible. That's their prerogative I guess.

Agreed. Wolfsburg really are being difficult, as you say it's their right, but it caught me by surprise a bit as I thought the Dzeko deal was fairly painless and everyone left the table happy.

Wasn't expecting this to be a saga rivalling Sterlings.

I don't think cobwebcat has been disrespectful or childish.

He's just suggested that if the ITK's sources keep thinking its close, and then a week later we are still there, it does suggest the sources themselves, and thus the club, don't have a firm grip on how close the deal is or isn't. A pretty fair question actually.

Easily explained by the backwards one step forwards two step nature that these big transfers seem to have, but not an unfair question.

To be honest worse than people disrespecting ITK posters is the bunch of people who go around condemning and insulting anyone who dare asks a question.

It's always nice to hear news but you have to remember, things can change from one hour to the next. A hell of a lot of money is involved, plus shit loads of deals connected ie bonus's etc. I'm convinced this will go through eventually. Just a matter of when.

I'm starting to think that Wolfsburg want this to play out till deadline day (whilst standing their ground on their valuation) to obtain the max from us at the 12th hour.
It's a really tough one to call imho! We don't want to miss an outstanding talent who'll be a superstar with us for the foreseeable (see Hazard!)
And I'm sure they wouldn't get what we're willing to pay now in this window off Bayern in the future?

I think it's fair to say they're in a much stronger negotiating position than us.

But then they have no time to buy replacements - that doesn't suit them at all. Especially with it being a CL season for them.

Also I'm sure you're right about Bayern but I don't think they care. They're very shadily conducted at boardroom level and they seem to have some nationalistic pride over the whole Bayern team representing Germany, all the Bundesliga teams seem happy to take cents on the dollar if it's Bayern who come knocking for a player.

Yes there is another independent site that uses different criteria that put Sterling at 60 million. CIES I think it was.

And both are wrong, he's worth £44m.

Speculatively, i'd say it's foolish to think we'd pay less than that for De Bruyne

The Star reckons they want £50m and we've offered £45m plus £2m in add ons. Personally I reckon he's worth £50m but if Txiki plays it right I reckon we can get him for £45m plus £5m in add ons. If the add ons are like Sterlings's: £1.5m for winning the CL, £1m for winning the PL etc that would be a great deal. We'll see how good a poker player Txiki is. One way or the other I reckon he's ours.
I always believe the papers. Elvis works in a chippy in Grimsby and Cilla was a good singer according to the gutter press!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.