De Bruyne?

I always believe the papers. Elvis works in a chippy in Grimsby and Cilla was a good singer according to the gutter press!

Not too sure about Elvis but Cilla was a good singer if you've ever listened to her early stuff.

Don't you think we'll get De Bruyne? Sounds to me like we are in dialogue and it's very close.

If we end up paying in the region of £100 million for Sterling, KDB and Delph Id say it's a very good window which will prove to be value for money.

I'm baffled that people actually think dramatic billy big bollocks ultimatums work. As if life and football is that simple. What are they gonna do? Shit themselves and come cap in hand to us? Lol.

Also, who really actually gives a fuck about what we're spending? If the club wanna pay 40m, or even 60m for someone then who cares? Doesn't effect any of us.

It always baffles me mate. What does it matter to us if we pay £47m or £57m? It will have no impact on us, other than the chance to see a great footballer in a City shirt. Sometimes people get bogged down by fees as though they're paying it themselves. Why would you give it a shit? Pretty much all transfer fees at the top level are obscene in their own way.

But then they have no time to buy replacements - that doesn't suit them at all. Especially with it being a CL season for them.
It does if the still have de Bruyne, and just refuse to sell, he's not out of contract soon, so they're in the box seat, and they're not shit bags as some have said on here, they're looking after their club, we shouldn't be so arrogant (as fans) that we think we can get whoever we want, they don't want to sell as it weakens them, if this was Aguero we'd be just the same I hope.

But then they have no time to buy replacements - that doesn't suit them at all. Especially with it being a CL season for them.

Also I'm sure you're right about Bayern but I don't think they care. They're very shadily conducted at boardroom level and they seem to have some nationalistic pride over the whole Bayern team representing Germany, all the Bundesliga teams seem happy to take cents on the dollar if it's Bayern who come knocking for a player.
Completely understand about being unable to recruit and replace if it goes to the wire Domalino and it's a valid point!
However, they're norwich in our league so would they take a drubbing (& the CL cash + the KDB cash) in the knowledge that they could buy some decent quality players next Summer and become the dippers in their next season?

And both are wrong, he's worth £44m.

Speculatively, i'd say it's foolish to think we'd pay less than that for De Bruyne

With respect its not as simple as the saying he is worth what a club is willing to pay. A player can run his contract down and be signed for nothing on a Bosman, the next day he is worth £20 million. It's a moving target.

What the sites try to do, particularly CIES, is identify true average worth with objective calculations and identify who got good value in the market. Some teams are very good at this FC Porto springs to mind. Sort of like Moneyball. City themselves seem to be investing heavily themselves in this type of technology. It's not a precise science of course as humans are involved and it's difficult to measure everything, but there is no doubt that some clubs sometimes wildly overpay and the player would not be valued at that amount by anyone else going forward.

It does if the still have de Bruyne, and just refuse to sell, he's not out of contract soon, so they're in the box seat, and they're not shit bags as some have said on here, they're looking after their club, we shouldn't be so arrogant (as fans) that we think we can get whoever we want, they don't want to sell as it weakens them, if this was Aguero we'd be just the same I hope.

Amen. It's ridiculous (and arrogant) to be angry at Wolfsburg for not wanting to sell their best player.

Also, who really actually gives a fuck about what we're spending? If the club wanna pay 40m, or even 60m for someone then who cares? Doesn't effect any of us.

People worry that the price of a pre-match pie and a pint will pushed-up.

Not too sure about Elvis but Cilla was a good singer if you've ever listened to her early stuff.

Don't you think we'll get De Bruyne? Sounds to me like we are in dialogue and it's very close.

ooohh

true

but equally we should have a real value in mind and stick at that

fuck them if they want too much more

develop a reputation for meaning what you say and then stick with that as much as you can

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.