De Bruyne?

Try to think a Txiki Thought
captioner80c4bb93e8f3dd3bec60961d983b9832d6ccd513.jpg

As I've said before in my opinion we should have been focusing on our central midfield - I hope Delph is the answer but can't see it - above all in Europe

sterling? Great signing but not as imperative as midfield

I also look at our strike force. I don't see Bony being as prolific as hoped then we've got a kid as third choice (albeit very promising)
Regarding sterling, did you see the extra room Silva and Yaya were afforded (and Kolarov) as Chelsea were having to double up on him due to him skinning Ivanovich (something neither silva or nasri could have done). It left them wide open on their right.

Sterling dint get an assist or goal, but he was fundamental to us cutting through them so frequently which we were unable to do, despite bossing the past 4 or 5 games against them.

Sterling is vital for us against teams that park the bus, and gives a new dimension on the counter to teams that decide to play football against. KDB on the right will be the same.

Average in the sense that it has addressed one of our key weaknesses from last season - the others haven't been in my view

The sterling signing has addressed more than one weakness however. He has added pace which was required. He provides more assistance to the left back which was an area often exposed last season. You can see after two games how Kolarov seems a better player. He has allowed Silva to play central and control the game more. He has lowered the average age. He has improved the homegrown quota. He has weakened another team in the league.

That's why were so keen on getting him and willing to pay the fee. One player can address more than one issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.