De Bruyne?

Judging by the time taken for both Pogba and KdB it is likely that we are starting negotiations for players we think we may need in the next transfer window.

Judging by the time taken for both Pogba and KdB it is likely that we are starting negotiations for players we think we may need in the next transfer window.

Or getting DNA samples from pre school to start planning for the 2030 transfer window

Mate, come on....

It's nice that Navas works hard but if we want to win the CL he's no where near good enough to start. He hasn't scored in the league for over 20 months, which is absolutely shocking considering the position he plays and the quality around him.

De Bruyne is absolutely miles better. He's the German league player of the year for goodness sake. It's like saying you'd rather have Nani than Ronaldo.

You're just a bit overexcited about balance and because we're in good form. If we want to get better than it's Navas' position which is most under threat. I like him too, he's a good guy, never complains and always puts in a shift, but he lacks true high level quality.

In any event, all it takes is an injury to Sterling and we've got the same problems as last year, which is why this signing would be huge for us.

Our sucess this season has been as a result of playing everyone in their best postion and no square pegs in round holes. The best players dont necessarily make the best team, Nasri is obviously a much better player than Navas for example but isn't getting a game at the moment becuase its not his natural postion.

The same can be said for De Bruyne, he's not a natural right winger but thats where he is going to play for us until he eventually replaces Silva. You rightly say he is the German player of the year, what position did he play last season for Wolfsburg in the vast majority of games? It wasn't right wing...

I'm also not advocating keeping Navas as first choice either, as I dont beleive he offers enough going forward.

I just think we should be looking for a more natural fit on the right, Imagine if we had Robben or Bale on that side to balance Sterling on the left, we would be unstoppable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.