De Bruyne?

No, we are just being fucked about by Wolfsburg.

People keep saying they are ok for money but it's really looking to me like they want to 'run out of time' to spend the transfer fee.

It does seem like that's the case. They seem to be happy to just pocket the money right before the window shuts allowing no time for further investment. As a club they must feel confident they can finish in the CL positions again and maybe win a domestic cup. Even with De Bruyne they'd have to have a lot of luck to make it to the CL knockouts but they're probably happy to pocket cash and consolidate. Most Bundesliga clubs will look at Bayern and think fuck spending millions to catch up with them, let's just sit where we are and make some money.

People keep saying they are ok for money but it's really looking to me like they want to 'run out of time' to spend the transfer fee.
for all we know they've got 3 players lined up to buy as soon as the money arrives. we already know they unsuccessfully bid €30m on Dries Mertens from Napoli - a legitimate Kdb replacement.

I'm not sure I buy this running out of time to spend the money angle. They could sell him today and still plead the same, or any number of excuses why the money has gone straight into the bank. There's hardly going to be an inquisition.

I'm fairly sure its just Wolfsburg eeking every last single penny out of us. You can bet even when the pen is about to hit the paper Aloffs will pull it away and ask for another 5 million.

I am in no way flapping or being negative about the way city have gone about this deal. But from the outside looking in, it looks like we are being taken for mugs. Are they (Wolfsburg) hoping that by playing the transfer this way we will get bored and then they can keep their man?

never thought about it like that. so then they can sit with the £55mil in the bank and accrue interest for jan?

tumblr_lhc0t6wtUS1qcn249o1_400.gif

Are we still going round in circles?
Yep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.