De Bruyne?

Played a blinder? He couldn't convince Delph to sign and hasn't managed to offload anyone yet.

There's a long way to go before this tranfer window can be deemed a good one.

How do you know we're trying to offload anyone, other than rumours and presumptions of course?

'Losing' Delph wasn't exactly a setback, we wanted him no doubt for his energy, and the fact he's English. He knew he'd just be a squad player, and seeing rumours on the players were potentially looking at, he obviously thought better about it and stayed at Villa. I commend him on that to be honest, he would've got a pay rise coming to City, but he wouldn't have played every week, or at least it would've been a huge struggle to do so. He's decided to stay at a club that is trying to build, and not jump ship. I liked him more after the decision, and I doubt Txiki could've done more to bring him in, short of lying his arse off.

How do you know we're trying to offload anyone, other than rumours and presumptions of course?

'Losing' Delph wasn't exactly a setback, we wanted him no doubt for his energy, and the fact he's English. He knew he'd just be a squad player, and seeing rumours on the players were potentially looking at, he obviously thought better about it and stayed at Villa. I commend him on that to be honest, he would've got a pay rise coming to City, but he wouldn't have played every week, or at least it would've been a huge struggle to do so. He's decided to stay at a club that is trying to build, and not jump ship. I liked him more after the decision, and I doubt Txiki could've done more to bring him in, short of lying his arse off.

This....good post

I agree with most of what you say.

On Delph, I'm not sure he ever was a main target, just that we saw an opportunity to sign, relatively cheaply due to his release clause, a home grown player, which we do need, who could do a job for us, and could fill holes that might occur fairly regularly in the league, and less often in the CL, so took a speculative punt to see if he was interested. Clearly he was, but I also think he's made the right decision for him, and a good one for Villa too, we could say he "bottled it" but having given it much thought, I think the easier decision was to come here. Blaming Txiki for him not coming is also pure speculation, we don't know if they ever even met or spoke.

As for De Bruyne, he hasn't yet made a decision to leave Wolfsburg, so speculating whether here or PSG is better, is a little premature, and neither club appears at this stage to have made any offers.

This....good post

Before we canonoze Delph for his decision think about this

He agreed to come to City he was due the medical so he was quite happy to jump ship but then the reality that he realised that he might not be good enough to play each week hit. Now there are rumours about what made him come to that realisation but even most City fans were saying he must be happy to be a squad player as we knew he wasnt good enough

But the interesting thing is that a current England international has not backed himself to be good enough to play for City to me that shows a lack of ambition and belief in his own ability. Mental fortitude at this level is a huge factor and clearly he hasnt got it he would be rather a big fish in a small pool thats not the sort of player City need

So far, yes. We have four areas of weakness: lack of pace EVERYWHERE, lack of someone to take on defenders out wide, lack of quality at LB, lack of strength in depth in centre mid...then we have some players who don't want to play for us and some who aren't good enough and all need moving on.

So far we've signed one player who will add some pace and is someone who can take defenders on. We still lack pace in midfield, still need depth in midfield, still need a LB, and still need to get rid of a few players. Long way to go before this is deemed a good window...but then, there is still a long way to go in the window. (Although we play Chelsea two weeks before the window closes which kind of makes a mockery of the transfer window as a whole).

So far, yes. We have four areas of weakness: lack of pace EVERYWHERE, lack of someone to take on defenders out wide, lack of quality at LB, lack of strength in depth in centre mid...then we have some players who don't want to play for us and some who aren't good enough and all need moving on.

So far we've signed one player who will add some pace and is someone who can take defenders on. We still lack pace in midfield, still need depth in midfield, still need a LB, and still need to get rid of a few players. Long way to go before this is deemed a good window...but then, there is still a long way to go in the window. (Although we play Chelsea two weeks before the window closes which kind of makes a mockery of the transfer window as a whole).

Good post.

If we could get just 1 FB I'd replace Sagna - not Kolorov or Clichy.

Played a blinder? He couldn't convince Delph to sign and hasn't managed to offload anyone yet.

There's a long way to go before this tranfer window can be deemed a good one.

I said "so far". There's obviously still a lot of business to be done with players going and hopefully coming, but if Txiki's biggest dissapointment end up being that Delph bottled a medical, then it could be the best transfer window since the takeover IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.