De Bruyne?

I'm planning/working under the idea that we'll be active all the way to the deadline.

We still need a centre midfielder and there has still been no groundwork done on anybody else but Pogba and Wilshere. To me this means we're either going with what we've got which I cannot imagine is the case or we're still at the table with either Pogba or Wilshere.

Our net spend even with this deal done is only going to be around £80m. We spent around that last year and we were restricted under FFP and had lower revenues than this year, the money is there, the need is there and the only thing missing is the opportunity.

We've filled temporary holes in the past with people like Fernando, so it could be another one of those transfers. But the absolutely unthinkable idea is that we'll land KDB then just sit around whilst there is a glaring gap in our centre midfield.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Well, I could, but only through the power of music!

Its party time

tumblr_inline_ndto8mHvgy1smp55d.jpg

LWiFBuy.gif

I'm planning/working under the idea that we'll be active all the way to the deadline.

We still need a centre midfielder and there has still been no groundwork done on anybody else but Pogba and Wilshere. To me this means we're either going with what we've got which I cannot imagine is the case or we're still at the table with either Pogba or Wilshere.

Our net spend even with this deal done is only going to be around £80m. We spent around that last year and we were restricted under FFP and had lower revenues than this year, the money is there, the need is there and the only thing missing is the opportunity.

We've filled temporary holes in the past with people like Fernando, so it could be another one of those transfers. But the absolutely unthinkable idea is that we'll land KDB then just sit around whilst there is a glaring gap in our centre midfield.

I'm glad someone else recognises this. Given our results in the first three games it's seemed a very old fashioned 'spoilt' idea to suggest we're still looking a bit short on quality in the middle. If we hadn't signed Otamendi I'd be a little confident of a last minute Pogba deal, but I can't really see it. I'm surprised that net spend figure is so low though - Have we really got that much back in?

I'm glad someone else recognises this. Given our results in the first three games it's seemed a very old fashioned 'spoilt' idea to suggest we're still looking a bit short on quality in the middle. If we hadn't signed Otamendi I'd be a little confident of a last minute Pogba deal, but I can't really see it. I'm surprised that net spend figure is so low though - Have we really got that much back in?

Even less now I've looked.

I keep track of Txiki's spending in his thread using BBC sources and presuming all addons will be completed.

We're at a £10m net spend at the minute, taking his career total at City to £119m net.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/discussion-txiki-begiristain-2015-16.313749/

+ £50m for KDB means we're at a £60m net spend for the transfer window. We could probably stick down another £100m if we were pushing the boat out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.