De Bruyne?

the issue i think is pogba is set on going to barca....not to mention he will cost us another 30-40 million...he is a great player but that is a lot of money
I am not saying get Pogba, I prefer Pogba, but will take Debruyne. I'm just saying don't get both. Only one is required. Getting both will coz a bloated squad that will lead to unhappy insiders. We have a spot for 1 more starter in midfield, so don't buy 2 and start a distraction. If Pogba wants to go to Barca, then focus on Debruyne.

I have racked my Brain about this, and for the life of me, I really don't see where Debruyne will play on this squad.

Yes, he is a fantastic player, but who do you bench for him? Especially if we get Pogba. It is clear we are going to a 433. Sterling Silva flanking Aguero, Yaya-Pogba ahead of Dihno. Nasri backing up Yaya, Pogba and Silva, as he can operate in all three positions. Navas backing up Sterling. Delph backing up Dihno or joining Dihno in a more defensive front.

The problem I see is Debruyne will have to be a backup if he comes. And that's the exact situation he does not want. It is either him or Pogba, not both.

And personally I think Pogba will be more satisfying to most as a signing, especially because he is more likely to succeed Yaya eventually. However for this season, Debruyne may be the better fit.

As I see it we need 1 of them and a shakeup at LB. Way more than we need both.

Find a better LB and add Pogba. And we are set.

Have you seen much of him? No way in a million years does he get benched. Utterly brilliant player.

You're right in that it causes some interesting selection issues, should both players come in. But i'd wager the fall guy there is potentially Yaya. He plays in the AM role if Pogba arrives. But then so does Silva...

One thing is for sure - MP won't be complaining.

I have racked my Brain about this, and for the life of me, I really don't see where Debruyne will play on this squad.

Yes, he is a fantastic player, but who do you bench for him? Especially if we get Pogba. It is clear we are going to a 433. Sterling Silva flanking Aguero, Yaya-Pogba ahead of Dihno. Nasri backing up Yaya, Pogba and Silva, as he can operate in all three positions. Navas backing up Sterling. Delph backing up Dihno or joining Dihno in a more defensive front.

The problem I see is Debruyne will have to be a backup if he comes. And that's the exact situation he does not want. It is either him or Pogba, not both.

And personally I think Pogba will be more satisfying to most as a signing, especially because he is more likely to succeed Yaya eventually. However for this season, Debruyne may be the better fit.

As I see it we need 1 of them and a shakeup at LB. Way more than we need both.

Find a better LB and add Pogba. And we are set.

You're presuming Silva will flank Aguero, this may not necessarily be the case. Silva could play at the head of the midfield trio with KDB and Sterling either side of Aguero

If we pull this off, I will be pulling off. This kid is a revelation. Our front 4 will be absolutely unreal with him in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.