De Bruyne?

Hello, I've been lurking this forum the last few days following the De Bruyne saga, and decided wth why not join the conversation as I don't have much to do these days.

Now I have been a huge KDB fan from the beginning I've probably seen 80% of all his matches on professional level. I'm Belgian and I remember seeing him play the for first time for Genk (he was about 17 or 18 i think) and he made this incredibly long inch perfect pass and I remember thinking wow this kid is special, and kept following ever since. For some reason I really want him to make it big which is why I am as excited as you guys with the recent developments.

He's been amazing for our national team and he is just the kind of player that makes a team tick. I think the best attribute about him is his directness. He always runs straight at defenders, doesn't go for the easy pass and doesn't hesitate to take his chance. Combined with his workrate, clever runs, and brilliant passing he really adds sharpness to a team (I don't know how else to describe it). He isn't the type of player you immediately notice for his technical skills like a Hazard or Sterling for example, but its just the subtle things he does like how he positions himself for a pass which gives him his very unique style. He is a player that can make the field look huge creating acres of space in an instant. Furthermore he is a player that can have very long streaks of being inform as he showed last year, and like its been said on here a couple of times, even in his poor games he gets an assist or two, and is a key component in creating chances. Another thing (which I am very curious seeing next season) is that I believe he is a big-game player. Going in to the CL with city next season playing against the big teams (Barcelona,Bayern, etc) where there is more space on the counter I believe he will add a huge element to MCs style. Along with Sterling, Aguerro and Silva I believe city can become a deadly counter-attacking team in Europe.

I wanted to mention one last thing to the doubters as I see him being compared to other players such as Isco. While I can't say which one is better (technically speaking it probably would be Isco), I do know that De Bruyne has a great hunger and perhaps a poin t to prove in the Premier League. As for a player like Isco, he already plays for one of the biggest clubs and a move to Manchester city to him would be a more "difficult" move and would need more time to adapt. Which is why I think KDB is the better signing (not player) at the moment.

Anyway, really excited to see him play for a club like City in the next season. I think him along with Silva will make for some amazing moments. I will definitely be following city very close next season.If you have any questions about KDB, please ask :)

I have racked my Brain about this, and for the life of me, I really don't see where Debruyne will play on this squad.

Yes, he is a fantastic player, but who do you bench for him? Especially if we get Pogba. It is clear we are going to a 433. Sterling Silva flanking Aguero, Yaya-Pogba ahead of Dihno. Nasri backing up Yaya, Pogba and Silva, as he can operate in all three positions. Navas backing up Sterling. Delph backing up Dihno or joining Dihno in a more defensive front.

The problem I see is Debruyne will have to be a backup if he comes. And that's the exact situation he does not want. It is either him or Pogba, not both.

And personally I think Pogba will be more satisfying to most as a signing, especially because he is more likely to succeed Yaya eventually. However for this season, Debruyne may be the better fit.

As I see it we need 1 of them and a shakeup at LB. Way more than we need both.

Find a better LB and add Pogba. And we are set.

If we pull it off it'll be the signing of the summer - Pogba or not.

40 goals and assists combined last season for Wolsburg.

What a player.

I used to wanted Cristian Eriksen but KDB is him on steroids and speed and the weird juice in Bane.

Exciting stuff.

Do you know what...I genuinely don't even know what this lad is about

That's high praise indeed

Is there an essential youtube highlights reel of his talent?

I have racked my Brain about this, and for the life of me, I really don't see where Debruyne will play on this squad.

Yes, he is a fantastic player, but who do you bench for him? Especially if we get Pogba. It is clear we are going to a 433. Sterling Silva flanking Aguero, Yaya-Pogba ahead of Dihno. Nasri backing up Yaya, Pogba and Silva, as he can operate in all three positions. Navas backing up Sterling. Delph backing up Dihno or joining Dihno in a more defensive front.

The problem I see is Debruyne will have to be a backup if he comes. And that's the exact situation he does not want. It is either him or Pogba, not both.

And personally I think Pogba will be more satisfying to most as a signing, especially because he is more likely to succeed Yaya eventually. However for this season, Debruyne may be the better fit.

As I see it we need 1 of them and a shakeup at LB. Way more than we need both.

Find a better LB and add Pogba. And we are set.

the issue i think is pogba is set on going to barca....not to mention he will cost us another 30-40 million...he is a great player but that is a lot of money

If we pull it off it'll be the signing of the summer - Pogba or not.

40 goals and assists combined last season for Wolsburg.

What a player.

I used to wanted Cristian Eriksen but KDB is him on steroids and speed and the weird juice in Bane.

Exciting stuff.

Totally agree

Out of the main 3 this is the one I wanted from the start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.