De Bruyne?

I think you're right mate.

Following what Khaldoon said, a lot of people believed we were in for a huge summer. That was added to by lots of Pogba speculation, and thanks to some snippets of info from Tolmie, and 'welcome to manchester'.

I think everyone was expecting an absolutely groundbreaking signing - and many believed we were getting Pogba, given how long, apparently, the club had been working on it. This is, obviously, assuming it doesn't happen.

I think that accounts for a lot of the reaction on here, rightly or wrongly.
Exactly. So far we've only really strengthened one position, and that is the right side of midfield with the signing of Sterling. Delph will be a bit part player, and Roberts is one for the future. If the spending finished here, I think it would be pretty disappointing on the whole, and would leave us with a squad that is still a million miles away from making progress in the champs league.

Sorry pal but if/when we sign de Bruyne personally I think that would have been the best summer 2nd to Silva and Yaya coming to the club. The fact we have Sterling who I think will tear arse next year and de Bruyne looking as good as he does will be great. This is also added with good squad and young up and coming players added. Let's not forget too that we have hopefully got rid of Jovetic, Dzeko, Sinclair, Milner, Richards off our wage bill. If Pogba comes great if not I'm confident premier league is in sights maybe a year away from challenging CL because we would need a serious player in midfield and a left back and that team stands up to anyone. Verdict=Quality Summer

Of course but we haven't signed him yet!!. Ask everyone again what the mood is like after and you'll maybe get a different response. My point earlier still stands though - A combination of last seasons performance, the departures from the squad, the average age of who was left, and the interview from the chairman/info from tolmie et al, expectations for this summer were very very high. Sterling and Delph don't meet them for many. De Bruyne on top will meet them for some and not others I'm sure. Pogba will probably meet them for everyone.

Of course but we haven't signed him yet!!. Ask everyone again what the mood is like after and you'll maybe get a different response. My point earlier still stands though - A combination of last seasons performance, the departures from the squad, the average age of who was left, and the interview from the chairman/info from tolmie et al, expectations for this summer were very very high. Sterling and Delph don't meet them for many. De Bruyne on top will meet them for some and not others I'm sure. Pogba will probably meet them for everyone.
Fair enough I disagree but you're entitled to that...here's to a good season whoever we get!!

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot 1m1 minute ago
John Chapman retweeted nb

Interesting tweet.

John Chapman added,

nb @nielsdotcom
Just been told by Kevin de Bruyne's father in law that they're very confident they can get a deal with City. KDB wants to move
Fuck it.....that's good enough for me....

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.