De Jong

Feed-The-Goat said:
its nice to see the boo boys from the end of last season finally seeing what a player he is after given TIME!!!

it was only a few months ago that people were saying they dont see why we bought him and all he does is pass backwards etc etc.

he is a class act and is worth every penny we paid for him, im glad the people who slated him on here are now seeing sense.

I agree, starting to get reviews from bin dipper fans as well. Which is something, they didn't even know we existed before this season

He worked like a dog; covered every blade of grass; effective; a typical Mark Hughes player. He'll do for me!

merging as the heartbeat of the team alongside the "1st name on the team sheet" crew a la:

given
barry
toure
de jong

but I agree, NdJ = class.

You dont have BEllamy in there ? He was badly missed today.

Ive been saying it since we bought him, De Jong has enough ability and desire to be one of the top DMF's in Europe. Make no mistake the lad is qaulity and I would put my house on it he would right look at home in Barca/Inter/ teams. People were saying before the season started how he wasnt great on the ball...... how wrong they were. For starters he has come from a very technically foccused academy in Ajax and the proof is in the pudding in the way he simply DOES NOT lose control of the ball. His ability to turn and move the ball away from other midfielders is second to none and I have no doubt that him and Barry can drive the club forward. For me he lacks the killer ball that Ireland has and that is why I would be playing a midfield of De-Jong, Barry and Ireland. These three together will see us at our best imo.

I have said it before and will say it again, I think de jong has to be the most overrated player(based on the comments on this thread) by a mile. forgetting about his attributes which we know, yes he tackles and yes hes not great on the ball, we never keep a clean sheet when hes on the pitch, imo this is because when he is in the side we dont attack as much, resulting in us being on the back foot a lot more, villa is a prime example, the momentum totally changed at half time. i thought barry was class again yesterday, unlike de jong(who i dont think has made a tackle in our own penalty area this year), barry puts himself all over the park and there were a couple of times i can remember barry sprinting back making some great last ditch tackles, and guess what, he attacks aswel. i know a lot of people wont like this but just my opinion.

I think u were watching a different game mate! De Jong was superb yesterday and by far and away our best player. We can't just go all out attack in every game, sometimes well have to battle and dig in, and I can't think of a better player in the premier league to do that job than big nige. Chelsea have just played Wigan and villa away and got nothing. Those two points could be crucial at the end of the season.

I understand that we cant all out attack in every single game, im not naive enough to believe otherwise, i dont think u can look to other teams results there, utd put 5 past them in about half an hour.i just think that people are kidding themselves(maybe i am) with the role of de jong. Yes we all like a tough tackling midfielder in the team, but I would like a tough tackling dm midfielder qho can play a bit aswel and i think we have that already in barry, who occupies that role for england. barry started two of englands goals from that position on wednesday and I think we will be lucky to see de jong do that all season.

bluedan12 said:
I have said it before and will say it again, I think de jong has to be the most overrated player(based on the comments on this thread) by a mile. forgetting about his attributes which we know, yes he tackles and yes hes not great on the ball, we never keep a clean sheet when hes on the pitch, imo this is because when he is in the side we dont attack as much, resulting in us being on the back foot a lot more, villa is a prime example, the momentum totally changed at half time. i thought barry was class again yesterday, unlike de jong(who i dont think has made a tackle in our own penalty area this year), barry puts himself all over the park and there were a couple of times i can remember barry sprinting back making some great last ditch tackles, and guess what, he attacks aswel. i know a lot of people wont like this but just my opinion.

Barry was class? I thought he was average at best, he got better in the second half but was awful in the first half. Barry is a good player but he's not a great tackler and if we'd have left Barry and Ireland in the middle yesterday especially when we were up against 3 centre mids and having 10 men we'd have been over run

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.