De Jong

Nigel is a very important part of our team. Without him we often struggle. He is well capable of picking a pass forwards as well as backwards , it's just that he isn't encouraged to by management. Personally I would love to see Nigel and Vinny as our central pairing. How we miss his pace, power and passing ability. Barry has somehow conned Club and international managers into believing he is an important part of the team. How he has done this is baffling to say the least.

B\connellblue said:
Nigel is a very important part of our team. Without him we often struggle. He is well capable of picking a pass forwards as well as backwards , it's just that he isn't encouraged to by management. Personally I would love to see Nigel and Vinny as our central pairing. How we miss his pace, power and passing ability. Barry has somehow conned Club and international managers into believing he is an important part of the team. How he has done this is baffling to say the least.

Yes conned john, thats what he has done conned them all. MoN, Hughes, Mancini, Capello, Mclaren

Why did he not start a fake hedge fund as such a good conman

BoyBlue_1985 said:
B\connellblue said:

Yes conned john, thats what he has done conned them all. MoN, Hughes, Mancini, Capello, Mclaren

Give him time and I'm sure he will.

B\connellblue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Give him time and I'm sure he will.

Well obviously you should be an international cup winning manager like all the above. Its a shame life didnt quite work out that way

salfordblues said:
20sbc07 said:
I don't think there's any "Haters".
The thread is about him not being able to pass forward not how good he is.
I've always said barry is a far better player and easily our most important midfielder not including silva, dosn't mean I hate De Jong we need him too.

Laughable.The stats (see my earlier post) show that when Nige De Jong doesn't play this has a massive impact on the game. 6 out of 9 defeats this season he has been injured. You're telling me that's a coincidence? The stats speak for themselves.

Stats do speak for themself, while De Jong was injured we had 5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss. He then came back against Kiev and we lost...
The stats seem to go against what you're saying.

So let me get this straight, de Jong slows us down too much. So, with him being out of the side for the last month, we've been lightning fast, direct, attacking machines, yeh? Try again. For the month he's been out we've been just as slow, if not slower in building attacks. It's the way we play, it's the way our lads are instructed to play. Yes, de Jong does play backwards a fair bit, he wins the ball in situations that other players couldn't dream of, and distributes the ball simply, which is a lot better than 1) not winning the ball at all and 2) winning the ball and launching it senselessly.

As for the stats merchants, there's a lot more to football than stats. Barry can make more tackles and interceptions on paper, but you need to study the game to see a players' influence. Most of the interventions Barry picks up probably come from some defensive work from de Jong, whether it be a piece of intelligent pressing, standing off, shepherding etc. The stats can say whatever they like, de Jong is a much better player and more important to our side.

Dejong is a rock for us, it's really plain to see. And anyone that complains about his passing should consider two things- He has a 90-95% pass completion rate. Que the complaints about passing sideways, backwards. But consider this, what happens if our anchor man allows an interception in front of our back four? It's a chance to score for any decent opposition. On top of that, it's not his role to make goal chances, he's a defensive player, and he does that magnificently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.