De Jong's currently 2nd highest paid Dutchman. he wants more

Can't believe that there are so called city "fans" slagging De Jong off. Can't play football, really, can't pass, really? His game is all about breaking up the opposition, stopping them play, then releasing the ball to the like of Silva and Yaya. He doesn't need to do anything else. To me he is the type of player who goes to war every match, gives his all for the team.
To just dismiss him so quickly as being greedy is farsical and to lose him to one of our rivals would be madness. Pay him a fair wage in comparison to the rest of the team.
Some City fans really want to think about what they say on here, you are a disgrace, short sighted, unrealistic and typical of new football fans, CLUELESS! I am getting really sick of this I WANT EVERYTHING NOW disposable mentalilty of some fans.

ps I hope that has upset a few of you.

Personally, l couldn't care what he (or any other player, for that matter) wants or earns. I'm solely interested in what he does when he's on the pitch. When he's not there - I'm only interested in what his replacement is doing.

People are slagging De Jong off are fools.

He looks around the club and sees people who can't be arsed and are playing for loan deals on 4 times as much money as him. He feels undervalued and thinks that the Club don't recognise his contributions (which are large) towards our success. It's Makelele at Real Madrid all over again, and there's still idiots here saying get rid.

Give this man £120k a week.

Heart of the team, we need to sit down and take this one seriously or it will bite us up the arse.

Saying that, Nige has to realise that the FFP is just around the corner and we have to have some sort of restraints.

I truly think this one is more of the media bollocks we are quickly becoming use to with our new found status in world football. We're going to have to get used to this sort of story about our players boys and girls.

I still don't see why people are getting worked up over this. This is all part of the negotiating process by his agent and everyone is walking right into it.

Damocles said:
People are slagging De Jong off are fools.

He looks around the club and sees people who can't be arsed and are playing for loan deals on 4 times as much money as him. He feels undervalued and thinks that the Club don't recognise his contributions (which are large) towards our success. It's Makelele at Real Madrid all over again, and there's still idiots here saying get rid.

Give this man £120k a week.
^^^^^^
This and remember we are/have been paying the wages of other lazy bastards who aren't interested.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:41 am --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
I still don't see why people are getting worked up over this. This is all part of the negotiating process by his agent and everyone is walking right into it.
It's the usual tossers coming out with he's greedy/shit/ can fuck off that is causing the fuss. City's fickle, uneducated fans!!!!!

Agree with breadsnapper, look at the team last season without him.
Diarra, he does not catch at Real is supposedly going to Spurs but they can not afford his £100K a week wages.
Are you telling me Diarra is better than De Jong, name me a better defensive midfielder and then think what his wages would be, if you are able to name one. I for one do not know of one anywhere.

I can see some sort of wage structure being introduced to the club soon. When we are firmly established with a regular squad and we only need to replace those who WANT to go etc then it would make sense. Hopefully would quell any jealousy over wages in the dressing room. Hard to do i know, but it would make sense.(until of course some Rooney type blows a hole right through it) After all, a great defender is just as important as a great striker IMO. It is a team. none can operate fully without their team mates so wages should be structured more evenly to reflect that. As for the Donger, he must make any opposition very, very wary meeting him on the field, but same as Zaba, Richards, Vinny all an essential part of our current squad so therefore their wages should reflect that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.