De Jong's currently 2nd highest paid Dutchman. he wants more

Matt Diablo said:
Nige mate 90k tops -- this Abu boy is the next one coming thru in that dept. I think...

This is why fans shouldn't be managers.

Potentially lose a world class DM because we've got a guy who "might" be "good" in "a couple of years"

Damocles said:
Matt Diablo said:
Nige mate 90k tops -- this Abu boy is the next one coming thru in that dept. I think...

Potentially lose a world class DM because we've got a guy who "might" be "good" in "a couple of years"
Saying "give him what he wants" is hardly the brightest idea either.

How about, "Negotiate in private and don't use your agent to ramp up pressure as it isn't helpful"

Damocles said:
Matt Diablo said:

Sounds like Wenger

I am shocked at how many on here are slagging De Jong off.

If he is on 60k a week, I imagine he is probably on less than Barry, Adebayor, Santa Cruz & Milner. Prob on par with SWP & Johnson. He is far more important to the team than all of those players and imo is right to seek a better deal and deserves it imo.

Pay the guy 100-120K as that is his worth, same with Vinny aswel. Get them both down for 5 years and put an end to this nonsense. These 2 are goinf to be paramount to out short term success.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else actually think that De Jong is quality in possession, he is far more comfortable on the ball than Barry and is also more accurate with his passing. Add to that he probaly wins 90%+ of his tackles.

Top player and any team in europe would take him

Damocles said:
People are slagging De Jong off are fools.

He looks around the club and sees people who can't be arsed and are playing for loan deals on 4 times as much money as him. He feels undervalued and thinks that the Club don't recognise his contributions (which are large) towards our success. It's Makelele at Real Madrid all over again, and there's still idiots here saying get rid.

Give this man £120k a week.
I like you.

I couldn't be bothereed typing this at 2AM, but it needs saying. Those who say he "only" tackles have a very simplistic view of football.

Do you think both fullbacks could be on the edge of the opponents box, if they didn't have the confidence that if the worst happens and we lose the ball, we've got a player who'd job it is to halt/slow the opposition break while they get back to help out?

Do you think Yaya Toure could make his charges forward without knowing de Jong is studying the opposition players, working out where the gaps might form and how he can fill them?

Or how about when the pressure's on in the box, and we're trying to break? How many times do you see Nige get the ball and just boot it away? Never, he has the composure to hold the ball, even when the box is full of opposition players, and pick out the right player.

He's our safety button, our get out clause, he lets others play their game in confidence, knowing full well he's ALWAYS going to be there to mop up.

Aguero is my king said:
A footballer has a 15 year career and they have to earn enough money to live on for the rest of their life.

Why? That's 30 years.......

What's wrong with becoming a bus driver, lawyer,salesman etc? like 99% of the population if they lose/end their job?

Can never understand this reasoning, and no, I don't begrudge them a penny of their earnings.....:-)

SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
Matt Diablo said:

How about, "Negotiate in private and don't use your agent to ramp up pressure as it isn't helpful"

Or, considering we're about to throw about £30m a year off of our wage bill, we could give him pretty much exactly what he wants as a way of showing him how much he is valued within the club?

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Aguero is my king said:
A footballer has a 15 year career and they have to earn enough money to live on for the rest of their life.

Why? That's 30 years.......

What's wrong with becoming a bus driver, lawyer,salesman etc? like 99% of the population if they lose/end their job?

Can never understand this reasoning, and no, I don't begrudge them a penny of their earnings.....:-)
Have you ever tried getting a job aged 30 with no experience?

;-P

Damocles said:
SWP's back said:
Damocles said:

Or, considering we're about to throw about £30m a year off of our wage bill, we could give him pretty much exactly what he wants as a way of showing him how much he is valued within the club?
My idea is still better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.