De Jong's currently 2nd highest paid Dutchman. he wants more

SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
SWP's back said:
Saying "give him what he wants" is hardly the brightest idea either.

How about, "Negotiate in private and don't use your agent to ramp up pressure as it isn't helpful"

Or, considering we're about to throw about £30m a year off of our wage bill, we could give him pretty much exactly what he wants as a way of showing him how much he is valued within the club?
My idea is still better

It is.

The art of negotiation should never be under-estimated. Only a fool doesn't negotiate or compromise...

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Aguero is my king said:
A footballer has a 15 year career and they have to earn enough money to live on for the rest of their life.

Why? That's 30 years.......

What's wrong with becoming a bus driver, lawyer,salesman etc? like 99% of the population if they lose/end their job?

Can never understand this reasoning, and no, I don't begrudge them a penny of their earnings.....:-)

They are basically giving up their best years to play football at the highest level. Quite a lot of them don't drink, can't go out on weekends, don't get to live a normal life, etc etc... They have a career as a football, when that career ends at 32 then they want enough money to be able to live the rest of their life as they please. Somebody like me will go to school, go to college, go to university and then work in a field based on the degree acquired. A footballer chooses to go down a different path and as such the career that they train for and work towards ends at 35. They have given many of their best youth years in sacrifice to their job and their reward is early retirement and a lot of money in the bank.

I reckon that marwoodguy has a budget, but gets like a comission based on what he can save off salaries, believe it or not.
Its always him messing up new contracts for existing players.

Bluemoon115 said:
Damocles said:
People are slagging De Jong off are fools.

He looks around the club and sees people who can't be arsed and are playing for loan deals on 4 times as much money as him. He feels undervalued and thinks that the Club don't recognise his contributions (which are large) towards our success. It's Makelele at Real Madrid all over again, and there's still idiots here saying get rid.

Give this man £120k a week.
I like you.

I couldn't be bothereed typing this at 2AM, but it needs saying. Those who say he "only" tackles have a very simplistic view of football.

Do you think both fullbacks could be on the edge of the opponents box, if they didn't have the confidence that if the worst happens and we lose the ball, we've got a player who'd job it is to halt/slow the opposition break while they get back to help out?

He's our safety button, our get out clause, he lets others play their game in confidence, knowing full well he's ALWAYS going to be there to mop up.

No he doesn't though - that is the thing if he had the athleticism to perform that role then I would agree but he doesn't - watch this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/Manchester-City-4-Swansea-0-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

Watch from 4.50 as he is bypassed unbelievably easy and makes almost no effort to get back while Barry busts a gut.

He is so overrated it is untrue.

Soulboy said:
SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
Or, considering we're about to throw about £30m a year off of our wage bill, we could give him pretty much exactly what he wants as a way of showing him how much he is valued within the club?
My idea is still better

It is.

The art of negotiation should never be under-estimated. Only a fool doesn't negotiate or compromise...

It must be lovely to have one rule in which every situation fits.

Damocles said:
Soulboy said:
SWP's back said:
My idea is still better

It is.

That's how rules work normally!

But to answer your point... how can I have one rule to fit every situation when my point was that EVERY point can be negotiated or compromised!

Some times your over-cleverness lets you down... ;-))

Soulboy said:
Damocles said:
Soulboy said:
It is.

But to answer your point... how can I have one rule to fit every situation when my point was that EVERY point can be negotiated or compromised!

Because the very statement that states that every point can be negotiated is, in itself a rule? So you're now saying that every point can be negotiated or compromised including the point that states that every point can be negotiated or compromised, therefore making the original statement invalid?

Damocles said:
Soulboy said:
Damocles said:

Because the very statement that states that every point can be negotiated is, in itself a rule? So you're now saying that every point can be negotiated or compromised including the point that states that every point can be negotiated or compromised, therefore making the original statement invalid?

Like I said, your over-cleverness lets you down.

But I wouldn't have you any other way! ;-))

PS - It was you that said it was a rule, not me. You're actually arguing against yourself. But I'm sure you already knew that...

Sabster said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Damocles said:
People are slagging De Jong off are fools.

He looks around the club and sees people who can't be arsed and are playing for loan deals on 4 times as much money as him. He feels undervalued and thinks that the Club don't recognise his contributions (which are large) towards our success. It's Makelele at Real Madrid all over again, and there's still idiots here saying get rid.

Give this man £120k a week.
I like you.

I couldn't be bothereed typing this at 2AM, but it needs saying. Those who say he "only" tackles have a very simplistic view of football.

Do you think both fullbacks could be on the edge of the opponents box, if they didn't have the confidence that if the worst happens and we lose the ball, we've got a player who'd job it is to halt/slow the opposition break while they get back to help out?

He's our safety button, our get out clause, he lets others play their game in confidence, knowing full well he's ALWAYS going to be there to mop up.

No he doesn't though - that is the thing if he had the athleticism to perform that role then I would agree but he doesn't - watch this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/Manchester-City-4-Swansea-0-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

Watch from 4.50 as he is bypassed unbelievably easy and makes almost no effort to get back while Barry busts a gut.

He is so overrated it is untrue.
Are you going to cling to that one clip to 'prove' your point on every Dejong thread? Why not look at the difference between our results in competitive games when he plays and when he doesn't?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.