De Jong's currently 2nd highest paid Dutchman. he wants more

Damocles said:
Soulboy said:
Damocles said:
It must be lovely to have one rule in which every situation fits.

That's how rules work normally!

But to answer your point... how can I have one rule to fit every situation when my point was that EVERY point can be negotiated or compromised!

Some times your over-cleverness lets you down... ;-))

Because the very statement that states that every point can be negotiated is, in itself a rule? So you're now saying that every point can be negotiated or compromised including the point that states that every point can be negotiated or compromised, therefore making the original statement invalid?
I think you over complicate the point. Which is that negotitions should be had, and had in private.

I am not a fan of washing our laundry in public.

Soulboy said:
Damocles said:
Soulboy said:
That's how rules work normally!

But to answer your point... how can I have one rule to fit every situation when my point was that EVERY point can be negotiated or compromised!

Some times your over-cleverness lets you down... ;-))

Because the very statement that states that every point can be negotiated is, in itself a rule? So you're now saying that every point can be negotiated or compromised including the point that states that every point can be negotiated or compromised, therefore making the original statement invalid?

Like I said, your over-cleverness lets you down.

But I wouldn't have you any other way! ;-))

PS - It was you that said it was a rule, not me. You're actually arguing against yourself. But I'm sure you already knew that...

You haven't had me at all!

Don't start vicious rumours like that!

They will give him a new deal next summer. He's still got a long time left on the 80k per week contract. If they nigh on double it that will cost us an extra 4 million a year. They'll save 4 mill if they leave it for another year.

Sabster said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Damocles said:
People are slagging De Jong off are fools.

He looks around the club and sees people who can't be arsed and are playing for loan deals on 4 times as much money as him. He feels undervalued and thinks that the Club don't recognise his contributions (which are large) towards our success. It's Makelele at Real Madrid all over again, and there's still idiots here saying get rid.

Give this man £120k a week.
I like you.

I couldn't be bothereed typing this at 2AM, but it needs saying. Those who say he "only" tackles have a very simplistic view of football.

Do you think both fullbacks could be on the edge of the opponents box, if they didn't have the confidence that if the worst happens and we lose the ball, we've got a player who'd job it is to halt/slow the opposition break while they get back to help out?

He's our safety button, our get out clause, he lets others play their game in confidence, knowing full well he's ALWAYS going to be there to mop up.

No he doesn't though - that is the thing if he had the athleticism to perform that role then I would agree but he doesn't - watch this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/Manchester-City-4-Swansea-0-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

Watch from 4.50 as he is bypassed unbelievably easy and makes almost no effort to get back while Barry busts a gut.

He is so overrated it is untrue.

Actually his deficiency was clearly noted IMO when Arteta took him to the cleaners 2 seasons ago at our defeat at Goodison Park. de Jong was clearly marking him one on one but still Arteta went past him to score from a cross from Everton's right flank.

De Jong should be at the same level of wage scale as SWP and not more than Zab or Barry.

With due respect to you Damocles, yes we need Nigel but not overhyped or overrate him to the extent that he is better than all the rest of the squad.

Let me leave this thot;

Why do we get drew negative reviews and criticism with all the DRAWS under Hughes & Mancini?

Its because of our defensive football ( 2 holding m/f) when we are a capable of being an offensive power.

blueprint said:
Sabster said:
Bluemoon115 said:
I like you.

I couldn't be bothereed typing this at 2AM, but it needs saying. Those who say he "only" tackles have a very simplistic view of football.

Do you think both fullbacks could be on the edge of the opponents box, if they didn't have the confidence that if the worst happens and we lose the ball, we've got a player who'd job it is to halt/slow the opposition break while they get back to help out?

He's our safety button, our get out clause, he lets others play their game in confidence, knowing full well he's ALWAYS going to be there to mop up.

No he doesn't though - that is the thing if he had the athleticism to perform that role then I would agree but he doesn't - watch this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/Manchester-City-4-Swansea-0-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

Watch from 4.50 as he is bypassed unbelievably easy and makes almost no effort to get back while Barry busts a gut.

He is so overrated it is untrue.

Actually his deficiency was clearly noted IMO when Arteta took him to the cleaners 2 seasons ago at our defeat at Goodison Park. de Jong was clearly marking him one on one but still Arteta went past him to score from a cross from Everton's right flank.

De Jong should be at the same level of wage scale as SWP and not more than Zab or Barry.

With due respect to you Damocles, yes we need Nigel but not overhyped or overrate him to the extent that he is better than all the rest of the squad.

Let me leave this thot;

Why do we get drew negative reviews and criticism with all the DRAWS under Hughes & Mancini?

Its because of our defensive football ( 2 holding m/f) when we are a capable of being an offensive power.

So of the two examples of his "deficiencies" one is from two seasons ago, since when he has improved immeasurably, and the other an incident just after he had taken a knock which forced him to hobble off two years ago with injury.

He is one of our most important players, and we struggle when he isn't playing.

Bluemooner33 said:
Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong is seeking a pay hike.

It is understood that talks over a new contract between De Jong and the club have since stalled.

The midfielder is seeking a pay-rise from his €3.5 million salary to reflect his standing at the club.

De Jong's current wages make him the second highest paid Dutchman in the game, but Roger Linse, his agent, admits the midfielder wants more.

"It may still take longer for City to consider the proposal.

"We'll wait for a time when things have calmed down," Linse told Voetbal International.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-city/1213979-manchester-city-enforcer-de-jong-demands-pay-rise.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/m ... -rise.html</a>?

With the fair play bollocks kicking in we might of made a rod for our own back here with these high wages. 80k a week not enough??? fuck me, they need to spend a month in the real world with £200 a week to live on.

"It is understood" ???? Hardly fuckin 'demanding' by the sounds of it.

stop fuckin whining

Aguero is my king said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Aguero is my king said:
A footballer has a 15 year career and they have to earn enough money to live on for the rest of their life.

Why? That's 30 years.......

What's wrong with becoming a bus driver, lawyer,salesman etc? like 99% of the population if they lose/end their job?

Can never understand this reasoning, and no, I don't begrudge them a penny of their earnings.....:-)

They are basically giving up their best years to play football at the highest level. Quite a lot of them don't drink, can't go out on weekends, don't get to live a normal life, etc etc... They have a career as a football, when that career ends at 32 then they want enough money to be able to live the rest of their life as they please. Somebody like me will go to school, go to college, go to university and then work in a field based on the degree acquired. A footballer chooses to go down a different path and as such the career that they train for and work towards ends at 35. They have given many of their best youth years in sacrifice to their job and their reward is early retirement and a lot of money in the bank.

Yes, it must be very hard for them going into work three hours a day for £90k plus a week.

And a lot of City players seem to spend a lot of time in nightclubs, (Silva thread for example) hardly tucked up in bed by 10pm every night.

Also I bet many people living a "normal life" (coming out of uni with 25k debt) would swap places with them in an instant.

I stand by what I said..... I don't begrudge them a penny of their (massive) earnings but I'm sure even they don't want to sit on their backsides for thirty years after they retire.

All imho....:-)

If Joe Hart has accepted 90K despite some players getting double that amount, NDJ should be paid 100K plus incentives (like 5K for every Rag he puts on the treatment table, legitimately of course).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.