De Rossi (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joked when I said this had become our very own Sneijder transfer, but this has probably gone even further. Its quite remarkable.

Could see the first Mancini vs. Txiki argument here with Mancini wanting the established and world class but aging De Rossi and Txiki favouring the younger, cheaper, and arguably more prudent purchase of Benat in January. Italy vs. Spain. :P

If we pay anywhere near the 50mill euros being quoted it will be the biggest rip off since Liverpool payed 35 mill for Caroll

He is going on 30 and becoming well past his best - Roma are now seeing this and realise they should have cashed in when they had the chance.

He is not an Alonso / Gerard he is a glorified Dejong

onceabluealways said:
If we pay anywhere near the 50mill euros being quoted it will be the biggest rip off since Liverpool payed 35 mill for Caroll

He is going on 30 and becoming well past his best - Roma are now seeing this and realise they should have cashed in when they had the chance.

He is not an Alonso / Gerard he is a glorified Dejong

My word, have you ever watched him play?

Name me a better if not on par with defensive midfileder that offers playmaking abilites as well in the world other than De Rossi?

I can only think of Busquets, Alonso and Pirlo.

Makelele went to Chelsea and played the role we want De Rossi in and was unreal, he was 30 years old and stayed with them until he was what 35?

Players like Makelele, De Rossi, Pirlo etc are diamonds at around 30, you cannot buy experience and these players hold that in abundance.

I honestly believe anyway after the awful Summer window that Mancini will get another bash at signing De Rossi now Roma's director has come out saying he will listen to offers.

It makes you think though, Roma's director stated he declined our offer in the Summer, in my opinion had we got him, it would of given all the players a boost, our midifled would be far better than it is now and I don't think we would be worrying about getting out of our Champions League group.

Tevez City said:
If there is one player I want from Roma, it will be Osvaldo or Lamela.

We don't need a striker though.

Lamela would be a good creative/ attacking option, but there are other options such as Isco who I believe is better option and cheaper due to his buyout clause.

sam-caddick said:
Tevez City said:
If there is one player I want from Roma, it will be Osvaldo or Lamela.

We don't need a striker though.

Lamela would be a good creative/ attacking option, but there are other options such as Isco who I believe is better option and cheaper due to his buyout clause.

I agree 100% that City don't need another striker, but in case the club get fed up with Mario or Dzeko wants a regular football, then Osvaldo can be a good 3rd choice striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.